Chapter 1-My Worst Fear

I'm homeschooled. I have been my whole life. I've never been to a public school for a class ever. Now you may be wondering why I'm homeschooled. The answer to that question is, because me and my family liked to travel when I was younger so I would have missed school a lot.
Oh, I guess I should tell you who I am before I get to my story. My name is Cleo Smith.
My story starts at the end of my eighth grade year when my mom came to pick me up from my clarinet lesson.
"You should think about trying out for the wind ensemble at the high school." My music teacher Miss Jankins said as my mom walked in to take me home.
"I don't think so that means I'd have to go to a class at the school." I said really not wanting to go to a class at the high school. I was content with my private lessons with Miss Jankins.
"You should try out honey!" My mom said getting excited about the idea of me being in a band.
"We will talk about this later mom." I said as I turned to her. I walked over to my case and put my clarinet away. I could hear my mom talking to Miss Jankins about how I would try out and what the odds were that I would get in and stuff like that.
"Ok mom I'm ready to go home now." I said trying to get here to stop talking about the try out.
"At least look at the solo that you would play to try out." She said handing me a packet. "You would also have to play all the scales. But I know you know all of those."
"Ok fine." I said taking the packet grudgingly. "Let's go mom"