Chapter Six

What is this supposed to mean, is he playing mind treats or something?, I was talking to myself while walking up and down the kitchen. I couldn't  stop starring at my phone screen. There was a text message from Christian with the simple words "I miss you".

The boys have been playing away for eleven days that will be their last two series before the all star break. Things between Christian and I have been good, since we had that conversation a couple of weeks ago, we hangout a couple of times and some of the guys have been around the house after the games, I guess Giancarlo's house is a key location since we leave to close to the Marlin's Park.

Christian and I text each other a lot but we do keep it casual. I guess for the obvious reasons that neither of us is willing to bring up. But whenever we are together and we start to get too close or too flirty we just kinda stop and there is like this unspoken agreement that keep us from getting in too deep.

"I miss you too!" I finally texted back trying to stop my head from getting or those kinds of crazy talk, that I tend to do for just about any situation specially when Christian is involved.

I was set to fly today back to Miami from  New York so that could see my brother before he had to go for the all star weekend, because I was not sure if I would be able to attend and I hadn't seen him in more than two weeks.

I stepped into the  ball park the game was about to start so I made my way into the seats and watched the game, I felt a little funny every time Christian came up to bat, because one of  the girl sitting next to me couldn't stop saying how she was going to marry him, I didn't want to laugh at her so I tried my best to keep my face straight.

*******************************

It was the bottom of the seven inning and Christian was at bat, I started to cheer on him it all happened too click, Christian hit the ball through the gap in the middle getting a double, but the center fielder dropped the ball and Christian hustle to  third, but the center fielder fire the ball to third just in time as Christian sliced head first, the third basement fell and Christian was holding his right hand against his chest still on the floor. I got up as fast as I could and made my way into the gate of the locker rooms, the security guard there already knew me but still, I flashed my badge as I passed by.

When I got inside they were walking Christian in I was standing on the door as I heard him say that he was alright, but the medical team kept telling him that he should be transported to the nearest hospital, I kept my corner no wanting to interrupt but Christian  turned around and so me, his face soften and he smiled.

"Hey there!"

"Yelich" I said as I walked towards him, before I knew it I was hugging him and there were some tears on my face.

"It's okay, I'm alright" He hugged me with the arm that was not injured.

"You need to get that check" I said looking up to him.

"He may have a fracture" One of the members of the medical team spoke.

"You see, Yelich! let's get that check"

"Your Girlfriend is right, Christian" Another of the members spoke.

"Oh, no I'm not his girlfriend!"I said a little faster that I meant to.

"Oh, sorry I saw you so worry, I thought you were!"

"She is Stanton's little sister!" Christian simply said.

"Oh, really?, Nice to meet you!, I'm Mike!" The man offered his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mike. I'm Kate!" I smiled and turned back to face Christian.

"So, tell me Yelich, are you going to make me drive you to the hospital myself or what?"

"Okay, Okay let's do this!" He rolled his eyes.

At the hospital they confirmed that Christian's wrist was fractured and that he would have to miss the all start week, he was so sad that my heart was breaking for him. I was driving Christian to his house the game was over and the Marlins won.

"Well, the good things is that you won't miss actual game, so it won't affect your season as much" I said trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah you are right" He gave me a sad smile.

"So, will you stay in Miami or are you going to fly home?" I asked to try to change the subject.

"No, I'll just stay here"

As I arrived to his house, he looked back into my eyes.

"Maybe we can hang out, this week" He said more like a question.

"I'll be coming around, you'll need some help until you get the cast off"

"Thank you!"

"Of course" He smiled sweetly and opened the door.

"Maybe we can get around that fun street again" He said before getting off.

"I would like that a lot" I smiled, feeling silly at the thought of me and Christian walking around under the city lights.

I drove home and found Giancarlo putting some suitcases next to the door.

"Do you really need all that for the all star game?"

"It's so nice to see you too! baby sis!" Giancarlo Joked.

"Sorry, I just missed picking on you for the last couple of weeks" I walked towards him and hugged him.

"I know" He kissed the top of my head and hugged me back.

"How is my boy Yelich doing"

"Sad, I guess he will miss the all star game, and maybe a couple more weeks after that"

"Such a shame, he is doing so great this season"

"I know"

"So are you  coming down to San Diego or Not"

"I'm not sure to be honest"

"Well it would be awesome if you could come!"

"Even if I don't, you know I'll be screaming the loudest for you!"

"I know you will!, Keep checking on Yelich while I'm gone."

"Sure, I will" I said walking towards my room as fast as I can so that my brother don't catch the silly smile spreading across my face.

I lay down and bed and a lot of funny scenarios start running through my mind, as of what could happen between Christian and I during the next week. 

My Brother's Best Friend- Christian Yelich- Stanton fan ficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara