"H-Harry," Lacey stuttered, stepping aside and letting them in. 

Harry caught glance of Melissa and immediately got up. He glared at Louis, wondering why he would bring her to his home. 

"What is she doing here?" Harry asked, turning his head quickly at Louis. Lacey silently closed the door and carefully walked by Melissa towards Harry's side. 

"Wait, Harry, let her explain," Louis said. 

"I need to tell you something. Both of you," Melissa stepped forward. Lacey stepped back and Harry stepped in front of her protectively. Melissa's eyes flickered between them and she stopped moving forward. 

"I came here because I needed to apologize," she continued. 

"You almost gave her a black eye!" Harry exclaimed. 

"And I'm sorry!" Melissa quickly said. "I really am! I'm not very good at this and I don't know how to make up what I've done to both of you. I'm just really sorry and I really regret hitting you. I'm really, really sorry."

"Harry," Lacey whispered from behind him. "It's okay. I think she means it."

Harry eased down. His relaxed his tense shoulders as he looked at Melissa. It quickly came to mind that she wasn't the only one who was at fault here. He was too. Harry had gotten involved with Niall when he was clearly in a relationship with her. And that was wrong. Really wrong. 

"I guess I'm sorry too," Harry made eye contact with Melissa. 

"For what?" She asked. Her eyes seemed to be brimming with tears. But with her appearance it could easily be assumed that it wasn't the first time she's been crying. It looked like she has been having a tough time the past few days. 

"Well. . .Niall cheated on you and. . .I was the one who he cheated with, not Lacey."

"Oh, that," Melissa gave a weak laugh. Louis had already cleared up the situation for her. She dabbed the skin under her eyes with her fingers. "Well, it wasn't okay. Cheating, I mean. But Niall is a good man. He has always been. I sort of always knew that his heart fully never belonged to me. But I've done worse."

"Like what?" Harry asked. 

"I used him," Melissa brought her hands up into the air and dropped them in defeat. "I used him to get things I wanted. I was never in love with him, only what he could give me. But then things started to change and I wanted more. I wanted his love but I didn't know how to get it."

Lacey put a hand on Harry's shoulder and gave him a gentle squeeze. 

"I became someone I had hated since I was a child. I was shaped to be this way. I didn't know how to escape the mold I was put in. I never wanted to be this way. And when Niall started to act like he didn't want me, I got so frustrated that it brought the worst side of me," Melissa used the palm of her hand to wipe her tears.

"Do you still want his love?" Harry asked. "Niall's love?"

Melissa gave another small laugh. "It never belonged to me. And it probably never will. And I'm okay with that. But Harry, you can't let him go so easily. And he can't let you go either. I'm actually really mad at him for leaving you."

Harry looked down.

Melissa finally managed to stop the flow of tears. She sniffed as she brought her purse in front of her. She took out a few papers and cautiously walked towards Harry and Lacey. They didn't back away this time. 

"Here," Melissa said, giving a few papers to Harry.

Harry frowned, accepting the paper only to look at him. He gasped when he saw a plane ticket to Ireland and print outs of locations of certain places in Ireland. "What's this?"

"His parents left that for me," Melissa shrugged, adjusting the strap of her purse on her shoulder. "But I have no use for them. You do, though."

"I can't accept this," Harry looked up at her and then at Louis. Louis was sitting on the arm of the couch his whole time with his arms crossed. He looked at Harry with a smirk. Harry turned to look at Lacey. She looked up at him and gave him a nod. 

"I'm not taking it back," Melissa said. "I have to go but Harry, take my advice and go. Niall needs you. He has been his parents' puppet his whole life and it's time for you to cut the strings. Trust me, he really needs you."

Melissa soon left. 

Harry sat down on the couch, staring at the papers in front of him. Louis and Lacey sat on either side of him.

It wasn't long until Liam arrived with the food. 

After a bunch of reasons and lectures from his friends, Harry finally decided that he would go look for Niall. 

When he was on the plane days later, Harry thought about what he would say to Niall when he finally found him. He had everything planned. He rehearsed everything he was going in his head. Then he would day dream about what would happen afterwards. 

But when he was in front of the door. 

And he heard footsteps. 

And the door started to open,

everything seemed to slip away. 

It was like every single detail Harry had thought out on the plane and the ride there was deleted and terminated in every part of his brain. 

So it was no surprise when all he could say after Niall opened the door was,

"Uh. . . hey."

~

My birthday is coming up on Monday! :D

LIPSTICK will be coming to an end soon ): How do you guys feel?

-Skyxo