~26~

Niall looked up at the classy store. He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment and ignoring everything around him. He knows he's suppose to be with Melissa right now, catching up on how her holidays were spent because that's what couples do. Couples that are in love. 

Then again, that isn't them.

So here he was, in front of Pretty the day after Harry suddenly disappeared. He has ignored every call, message, and voicemail Niall left for him. He doesn't know where Harry is or what happened to him last night and quite frankly he was sickeningly worried. 

Taking quick steps forward, Niall opened the familiar doors and stepped in. He took in the familiar smell of many different scents from the perfume that floated around in the store. The place seemed a bit busy and Niall hoped he could find Harry somewhere. 

He walked all around the store, looking for his brown-haired, green-eyed beauty. 

With no luck so far, Niall went back to the entrance of the store and spotted Lacey. She was just finishing up with helping a customer when Niall approached her. Lacey smiled at him but her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Hi," Lacey said, clasping her hands together. 

"Hey," Niall nodded. "Have you seen Harry?"

"No. . ." Lacey dragged out slowly. "He's out today. I thought you would've known."

"Out?"

"Yeah," Lacey shrugged. "Sick day is all I can guess."

Of course. 

Harry knew Niall would come looking for him. But did he do this on purpose? Did he call in sick so he wouldn't have to face Niall? 

"I really messed up," Niall mumbled, rubbing his temples. 

"Something happened between you two?" Lacey asked while moving closer to the products so it seemed like she was helping Niall choose something. 

"Yeah. Last night, I just really messed up and I was hoping to find him here so I could apologize," Niall said, crossing his arms. "I love-"

"-Niall?" 

Lacey and Niall both looked over towards the person behind them. Lacey immediately became alert, wondering if it was a good time to walk away. 

"Melissa?" Niall sounded surprised. I mean, why wouldn't he be? He thought she was still at his apartment. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you, of course!" Melissa grinned. She glanced over at Lacey for a moment, her smile faltering just a little. "I didn't know you were going to be busy today."

"He's not," Lacey interrupted. "He came for a package that was ordered but sadly it got postponed for later."

Melissa stepped forward, looking at Lacey. "Hey, I know you. You helped me last time I came here, right?"

"Yes," Lacey chuckled nervously. "I- um. . . I work here, yeah. I should get going! I need to go help some more customers. Um, have a nice day."

Lacey quickly walked away and Niall didn't blame her. He turned towards Melissa - who was still staring at Lacey - before walking away. Melissa followed moments later. They both walked out of the store in silence. Niall wondered if he should try calling Harry again. 

He should have shown up at his door instead but now he couldn't, not with Melissa on his tail. 

"What an odd girl," Melissa suddenly said. "What kind of package did you order?"

Niall shook his head. "It doesn't matter anymore."

Noticing the tone in his voice, Melissa decided to ask what was bothering him. Surely it couldn't be because of some package. "Is something wrong?"