~16~

Harry finished putting the rest of the products in the bag before handing them to the customer with his usual polite smile. "Thank you for shopping at Pretty, come again soon!"

"How do you manage to keep a positive attitude. I just served 4 customers and already have a headache," Lacey mumbled, rubbing her temples. Harry laughed. It was a lot of work trying to do so many tasks at once while keeping a positive attitude. 

"It just comes naturally I guess," Harry said, opening the cash register and making sure the money inside was in their right places. Sometimes when you are rushing to give a customer their change you can mistakenly put the wrong bill in the wrong section. That was Harry's biggest nightmare when he first started working at Pretty

"I'm going to go help out some customers. Are you okay with staying here?" Lacey asked, already going around the counter. Harry nodded and let her go on. 

A while later, the busy day seemed to have calmed down a little. Lacey was at front, helping a woman look for the right perfume when she saw a familiar blond come through the doors of the store. She smiled, looking at Harry at the cash register who was finishing another payment. 

Niall and Harry both made eye contact simultaneously, giving each other smiles. Harry asked for one of his co-workers to take over the cash register as he went to 'help' customers. 

Lacey watched them both move into another section of the store and shook her head while the corners of her lips turned upward. 

She finished helping the lady when someone else came in. It was a young woman, early twenties at least, looking around the store. She was wearing very fashionable clothes, Lacey wanted to point out. 

Lacey looked around, seeing as there was no one else to help. She decided to approach the woman.

"Hello, welcome to Pretty. How may I help you today?"

"Oh, hello. I was looking for a certain lipstick that my boyfriend gave me as an early Christmas present," She paused, shuffling through her Michael Kors back and taking out the lipstick she was talking about. The outside of the lipstick was golden with the letters Pretty engraved in silver on the side.

"Mind if I take a look?" The woman shook her head and let Lacey take the lipstick. She opened the cap and looked at the orange-pink lipstick, already knowing where it could be. 

"Ah yes. If you follow me, I'll take you to where you can find it," Lacey said, giving the lipstick back. "You must have such a wonderful boyfriend to gift you a beautiful lipstick."

"You could say that. Lately, he's been distant. I don't know why but there's something definitely up with him," She said, her tone cold. They walked through the store to the pink section of the store. Lacey caught a flash of long, brunet curly hair. 

"This is him," The woman behind Lacey suddenly put her phone screen up to Lacey's face. She must be really grateful to have her boyfriend or she just wants to show off. Either way, Lacey lowered her eyes to the phone screen, seeing a familiar blond boy that came in minutes ago on the screen. 

"O-Oh. That's your boyfriend?" Lacey mumbled. The woman nodded and put her phone back in her bag. Lacey looked behind her, seeing Harry and the blond walking by. 

"Right, um, here is the lipstick you were looking for. As you can see, there are many more shades that you can pick from. I'll let you take a look at them," Lacey showed the lipsticks. She was a bit distracted with watching Harry and the blond going into another section. 

The woman seemed to be taking her time looking at the different colors and Lacey was grateful. She needed to keep the woman preoccupied or else she would see that her boyfriend is here with another guy.