~4~

It was a Saturday morning when Harry walked out of his room with his phone in his hand. He ran his fingers through his tangled morning hair as he approached the door of his apartment. It was 10 in the morning and it was slightly cold due to Harry turning off the heater in his apartment. 

Harry grabbed the cold door knob and opened the door. On the other side stood his closest friend, Liam. It's been a while since they both seen each other but that was because Liam was away for a few months. Liam had just finished working on a project with his company. He's a photographer. 

By now, they should be around completely done, Harry thinks. Otherwise, why would Liam be standing at his door?

"Did I wake you?" Liam had asked, taking Harry in for a hug. Harry hugged back tightly. He missed his best friend. It gets quite lonely without anyone to talk to or laugh with. 

"No, you didn't. I was already awake," Harry said, pulling away and letting Liam in. Liam stepped into the apartment. It was decent size, not too big and not too small. It was also very modern looking. Harry had good taste when decorating it.

"You want me to make you breakfast? It's been some time since I've had a proper meal that I cooked myself," Liam stated, taking off his jacket and hanging it on the coat rack stand that was near the door. Harry closed the door and nodded. Liam casually walked around the apartment, taking a good look at it before going into the kitchen. 

Harry decided to lay down on the couch while he listened to Liam rustle around in the kitchen. Liam and Harry are really close, almost like brothers. They both met when Harry had just move to New York, which was maybe around 2 years ago.

Harry had gotten the job at Pretty and Liam was working on photo shoots of the store's products for a catalog. Harry was assigned to help Liam. They had clicked almost immediately. Since then, it's been an unbroken friendship. 

Liam's approach was friendly. Unlike Niall, whom Harry can't seem to get out of his head. Harry wasn't sure how to feel about Niall. He feels like he should be crept out, like he should be calling the police on Niall, but he feels something far from that. 

He doesn't feel quite comfortable around Niall but he doesn't want him to leave him alone either. It just messed with Harry's head. He can't think logically. 

He dazes off in his many thoughts of Niall as the smell of pancakes wandered into the living room.

-x-

"And make sure to call me later. I want to have a night out," Melissa said as she gave Niall a quick hug. She blew Niall a kiss before climbing into the cab and letting it drive into the crowded streets of New York. 

"I'm sorry Niall but she really annoys me," Louis spoke up, standing behind Niall the whole time watching the disgusting scene play in front of him. Niall turned to look at Louis with an eyebrow raised. Louis crossed his arms and stared at Niall intensely. 

"I can not stand her, I just can't. She's just. . . so annoying! She's so annoying that I can't even explain it," Louis continued to rant as Niall and him walked into the enormous building. The inside of the building was very clean and fancy. White marble floors, black furniture and light-grey walls. That was just the lobby.

"Don't talk about her like that, Lou," Niall waited for Louis to get in the elevator. When he does, he presses the button for the floor he wants to go to. 

Louis, irritated that Niall wouldn't let him continue his rant, stays quiet. It's a few minutes until they reach one of the building's top floors. When they get off the elevator, they walk into Niall's office. Niall goes to take a seat at his desk while Louis jumps on the white sofa in Niall's office.

"So much to do today," Niall mumbled, opening the folder that was left on his desk. He skimmed through the paper, getting a good idea of what was in the folder.

"At least you get to sit. I have to be standing in front of bright lights for hours," Louis stretched his arms upwards. He yawned softly, closing his eyes.

Niall glanced at his friend who was probably falling asleep on the couch again. Niall decided to let him be since Louis had a long day yesterday, modeling for Calvin Klein. Louis hasn't been in the model industry for a long time. An estimated 2 and a half years, maybe. Even so, he was getting a lot of recognition. It didn't take him too long to go from modeling for the Target catalog to top brands like Burberry. 

Niall and Louis get to work together a lot since their companies have businesses with each other. It's fun being able to be on the set together. Although, Niall isn't able to always be there to see Louis model. He has to deal with other things as well that concerned his work, which Louis understands. 

Their friendship is strong. They do have their ups and downs but they manage somehow. Niall knows how Louis feels about Melissa. He can't really do anything about it, so he lets Louis be. He just wishes Louis wouldn't be so open about his feelings towards his girlfriend. 

But that's who Louis is. 

Niall closes the folder, not wanting to deal with its contents so early in the morning. He spins his chair towards the large window that was taking up almost a whole wall. He opened the curtains just enough to let light through. 

The view is beautiful. Niall never gets sick of seeing it. It's calming, relaxing in a way. Niall glances at the stores that look so small from where he is at. He tries to look for Pretty, wondering if he could see it from up there.

All he really wants to do is go visit Harry. But he doubts Harry works on the weekends. Niall just can't get over Harry's beauty. It amazes him, really. He has often worked with male and female models. None of them has gotten his attention the way Harry has. 

It's insane. Imagine working with models that are society's definition of perfect, only for you to find interest in somebody who's not a model but still utterly beautiful. 

Niall hates to admit it but Melissa's beauty can never be compared to Harry's stunning beauty. They are both too different from each other. He can't explain it. 

The feelings and thoughts he gets about Harry are just so wrong, but they feel right. Someone like Harry needs to be appreciated. They need to be taken care of as if they were a fragile jewel. 

Niall closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to think about that. 

It's not that he doesn't want to think about Harry, it's because he can't.

It's wrong.

~

This was sort of a filler/ getting to know the other characters and their backgrounds. 

I really love writing this story idk why it's just so :))))))

sorry for any grammar / vocab mistakes on this chapter and the last one. I haven't skimmed through them for mistakes.

love you!

-Skyxo