~21~

Christmas day went by. Niall and Harry each enjoyed their time with their own families. It made them feel as if they never left. Harry went out with his family members to an ice rink and then to dinner at a nearby restaurant. Niall had stayed home to watch a movie and go through old pictures with his family. 

On December 27th, Harry had packed up, ready to leave for New York again. His family drove him to the airport late at night.They had one last group hug while Anne shuffled through her purse to take over her camera again. 

Walking through the bright lit airport, Harry went through the same process he went through when boarding the plane in New York. He was sitting in a hard, plastic seat when his phone vibrated. Not having anything to do while they prepared the plane, Harry decided to take it out. He smiled widely when he saw it was a text from Niall. 

They hadn't had any contact since the morning Christmas call Harry had gotten from Niall. Harry hasn't stopped thinking about it. Every time it came to his mind, he smiled and blushed. 

The text informed Harry that Niall was probably going to fly back to New York tomorrow. Harry replied, telling him he was actually on his way back right now. 

They texted back and forth until Harry heard his plane being called. He sent Niall a goodbye text and got up, walking past the crowd of people who also were going home or just arriving. 

As he walked by, he spotted two boys embracing each other. They seemed to be crying as they kissed each other before one of them pulled away and turned around. Harry watched the one who had turned around leave, while his partner cried.

It made Niall cross his mind again.

He wanted Niall to be happy. He really did. But would he be able to let him go?

-x-

"Harry!" Lacey waved at Harry. She stood next to Liam, excitingly waiting for her friend's return. There was also another boy at her side. He seemed unfamiliar to Harry. 

"Welcome back Harry," Liam brought him in for a hug. "How was it?

"Thanks guys. I would love to stay here and chat about my visit but I'm really tired," Harry chuckled. His eyes felt heavy and his body was weak. The only thing on his mind at the moment was his warm, comfortable bed. 

"Right. Before we move along, Harry, this is my boyfriend Troy. He flew in from L.A.," Lacey smiled. Harry smiled at Troy, shaking his hand. Troy returned the kind smile, telling Harry it was a pleasure to meet him. 

"How long have you two been dating?" Harry asked as they walked out of the airport. Liam and Lacey offered to carry Harry's bags even though he declined more than once. 

"Lacey and I have known each other for 2 years but we started officially dating 3 weeks ago," Troy had a fond smile on his lips as he looked at Lacey, who was walking in front of them while talking to Liam. Harry felt like his heart was being tugged. He wanted something like that. 

"That's great. I'm glad Lacey finally found someone," Harry said, remembering what Lacey had told him that day in the store. She experienced some bad relationships, Harry recalled. 

"I hope you don't mind me asking but, I've heard you have been having relationship problems of your own?" Troy asked. 

"Well, they aren't really relationship problems since we aren't together. . ." Harry trailed off. "He has a girlfriend."

"Ah, I see," Troy said. "But the feeling is mutual, right?"

They all stopped in front of a car that Harry could only believe it was Troy's since he's never seen it before until today. Troy pressed the button on his key to open the trunk. Lacey and Liam put Harry's stuff inside while Troy and Harry walked towards the front of the car.