get~up

I groan. My eyes flutter open. I'm in a dark space and I'm feeling cramped.

"Again?" I roll my eyes. "Why does he hit the head?" I murmur as I go up to feel my head where a bruise is forming. Great.

Feeling my hands around where I am I realize I'm in some type of metal box. Long to fit a person but meant for books. I grit my teeth. I'd been thrown in these all the time by Tony. I kick open the door to the irregularlly long locker. My hands grow into fists as I realize where I am.

My high school. I feel the dry blood underneath my fingertips and I look down at my open cuts which burn on my wrists and on my palms. I ignore it.

"You're out." Tony gives me a grin as I look to see what he's dragging behind him. Fabric is under his hand and when I look closer I see Iris being dragged across the floors. I gasp.

"Why do you need her?!" I yell. "Let her be Tony, just let her go and you can do what you want with me." I glare but wince at my word choices.

"It's not that simple sweetheart." I flinch at his tone. He sets her next to me and I get down on my knees checking her pulse.
She's ok. I let out a breath of air.

"Let me guess you knocked her out like you did to me twice?" I hissed. He chuckled.

"She passed out. Calm down Evans." I roll my eyes but still remain angry. He crouches down by her and pinches her hard I try to push his hand off of her arm but I'm not strong enough.

Iris wakes with a start and rips her arm from Tony. She glances my way and then looks back at me in relief but that facial expression melts as Tony speaks. "Want to talk to me about putting me in that dear little blog of yours West?"

What is it with him and last names?

She glares. "The Streak is the only one who deserves to have a blog written about them."
Well that was true.

He stands grinning. "Too bad The Streak is dead right?" My eyes are as wide as saucers.

I'm at loss for words. The city's hope. The city's hero. My hero. The Streak - is dead?!

There's not a chance. He has to be lying just for us to buy it.

"He's lying Iris." I hiss. She looks at me but she seems to feel conflicted not knowing what to believe. "He's just trying to get you to write about him cause he's a prideful boastful jerk." I bite.

I knew my words weren't helping me at all today but I also know he deserved them. He slapped me harder than the other times and my body flew across the floors. "Lyra!" Iris screeched.

I needed to use my powers. But I couldn't risk it with Iris around. She couldn't know. She'd write about me too in her blog and I don't want that. I don't want to be known. I don't want to be a hero. That kind of job fits for only one person and it's not me.

I sit up pressing my palms against the cool tile. "He's dead Iris!" He yells staring her down.

"I'm in charge of this city now and no one can stop me." He picks Iris up by her collar - thank God not by her neck like he did to me. She would be in more pain than I would.

"You're going to write about me Iris West. If I have to kill you myself just to get a few words out to the city then so be it." He throws her down again on the ground and Iris crawls back in fear as her back pressed against the lockers. She pulls her legs to her chest.

Tony begins to rant about his glory which technically does not exist. "The people will know. Central City will know who it's new boss is. Who they have to bow down to. Who -" He's interrupted.