inwardly~cringe

"Joe come on," I pout as I give him the puppy dog eyes. He gives me a blank stare to which I roll my eyes and huff deciding to change my objective.

"Ok spill the beef otherwise..." I raise one of my eyebrows giving him a look I've given him a bunch of times when I want my way. He crosses his arms still holding the manila folder with one of his hands.

"Otherwise?" His eyebrows lift in curiosity. I shrugged. "I haven't gotten there yet." He lightly chuckles as he turns and walks towards the copier room.

"Lyra.." He exasperated.

"Joe." I mocked his tone crossing my arms.

"Ok fine."

"Thank God!" I breathed a breath of relief.

"Look-" He immediately cuts off his words as his eyes flicker to a person walking in the room. Turning he finishes his paperwork and brushes past me ignoring the incoming person in the room.

I turn to see Eddie standing there grabbing a folder. I now see why Joe zipped his lips and I understand why he's not exactly on good terms with Iris.

"He's not exactly happy with me right now." He says softly. I lean against the wall eyebrows raised.

"You think?" I innocently smile when he turns and makes eye contact with me instantly making me feel uncomfortable. I don't know why but every partner Joe has ever had hasn't ever really been friends with me before.

It was silent for a moment as he finished his copying work or whatever he was doing. I just stood there motionless and bored. But then a lightbulb flashes above my head.

Ever since the case from a couple of days ago where I got shot I've been wanting to be filled in with the details, sadly no one seems interested in my interest.

"So did you guys find anything on the suspect/guard? Like did he answer any questions?"

He turns around his back no longer facing me with a smirk on his lips. "Lyra I'm not telling you a peep." He then walks out like he holds the world. I groan as I pull on my hair walking out right behind him to see if I can find anyone else who might know about the case better than I.

-

Silently tiptoeing past my desk I walk towards the upper floor to find Joe's office which is empty. So double checking my surroundings I creep in and crack the door behind me as I grab the folder and open it up eager to know the contents and see what's going on.

Honestly I don't ever get to read the classified files like this one but since I was involved in this case and got freaking shot by a perpetrator I think I deserve to read this file. I was the main witness for pete's sake.

I read through the papers my eyes narrowing as I flip from page to page. I stop when I see a criminal mugshot. "Leonard Snart?" I whisper.

My eyes widen with every second as I stare at the picture longer.

"Oh my -"

All the sudden I heard Joe's voice from the hallway. I panic grabbing the folder as I lean against the wall right beside the door. Sucking in my gut I don't breathe as I watch him open the door and walk forward without noticing a thing. I creep around the door and out while his back is turned and then breathe a air of relief when I'm out of his office.

"Lyra!" I froze in my place.

"Dang it." I growled.

I feel someone grab my elbow and twist me around. I prepare myself for a long lecture knowing I've been busted and caught, just like every other time with Joe. I never seem to surpass him.