tricky~thing

I pulled my coffee mug to my lips again as I kept one hand on the wheel and both eyes on the road. Of course I didn't happen to notice the speed bump. My front wheels spun in the air for a second as I passed over the cursed thing.

I released a frustrated groan.
"Ugh really!?" I moaned as the hot liquid settled on my jeans burning my thigh. Putting my mug in my cup holder I grabbed some extra napkins I had stored in my car and pressed them against my steaming thigh.

After the napkin was brown pee soaked I threw it in the passenger seat annoyed that I was so distracted in the first place. Taking a light breath I studied the vehicle in front of my car as my eyes became more alert with the caffeine settling in.

It was a police truck - this I noticed - and very similar to me. Our city label was on it and I guessed - since it was large - that there was something valuable in it. It looked peculiar but I shook it off.

All the sudden I heard a roar of a motorcycle. Glancing to the right through my window I saw a fully black clothed suspicious man staring at me. With another roar of an engine I glanced at my left window to see another suspicious man.

My heart beat was beginning to pick up and I was beginning to panic. Then all the sudden I heard gunshots right next to my left ear. Next thing I knew glass shards were spraying all around me. Scraping and scratching into my skin. My eyes grew wide as I looked towards my now broken window.

The man on my left then threw his hand towards me as he tried to gain control of my steering wheel. He yanked it left and my body swayed into the motion as the car swerved. Grabbing my steering wheel with hard knuckles I pulled on it in the opposite direction. Then as the man let go of the wheel for a split second to handle his motorcycle I un-clicked my seatbelt - which was probably not a smart idea - and reached my hands towards the glove box where I knew I kept my gun handy.

I was trained to shoot. I knew how to handle a gun.

Taking a sturdy hand on the gun I unlocked it from safety mode and aimed at the man on my left but he wasn't there. Grabbing the wheel again I dropped my gun on my lap and pressed my foot on the gas as I sped towards the back of the truck.

The dots in my mind then suddenly connected as my mind swirled - this was a robbery.

Grabbing my phone I fastly typed Barry's name and pulled the phone to my ear.

It rang. "Pick up. Pick up. Pick up." I groaned as I heard the roar of the motorcycle again. "Barry!" I groaned. Then the sound of a gunshot rang in my ear as my phone got shot, the force pushing it away from my hand. My jaw dropped as I jerked my head towards the right to see the other motorcycler.

I smirked. "You wanna play that game? Let's play that game."

Pulling my gun from my lap I held onto the wheel with my left hand and turned and shot with my right. I managed to get his shoulder.

A gunshot ran out again the sound piercing my ears as a bullet scraped my jacket and skinned my arm. I winced as I turned my eyes forward and twisted the wheel towards him. His bike tripped on my wheels and he fell off.

I smirked triumphantly.

Then all of the sudden a gunshot rang in my right ear and before I had time to react a bullet shot itself into my abdomen. I screamed in pain clenching my eyes shut.

I watched the man thrust his hand in my car, turn the wheel, shoot my tire and speed off.

The whole world was a daze as my car turned left and then slowed down to a halt in front of the guard-rails.

Pressing my hand to my wound I looked down to see my jacket partly wet. Flinging it off I saw my tank top soaked with blood. It made me sick.

My heart starting pumping faster as I started to panic and the pain start to increase. Tying my jacket tightly around my wound and waist I tried to put as much pressure as possible on it to stop the bleeding or at least slow it down.

I gasped for air as my chest tightened.

Opening my car door I fumbled out as I held one blood red hand to my wound and the other out in the air. I fell to the ground as the world became fuzzy and dizzy.

Falling onto my back I heard the distant roar of the motorcycles and then complete silence.

Slowly blinking I barely watched as a yellow blur raced in my vision. Was that real? Did I just envision that?

Then there in the red suit - the very man himself - sat kneeled before me. The Streak.

I turned my neck to try to get a better view of his face - of him. But the world was getting dark and I knew I was about to black out.

"Lyra.." Came a pained whisper before I felt my body being lifted up bridal style. My arms limply flung outward as my head became heavy and swung backwards. I was feeling weak and painful. I could even feel the blood pouring from my wound and my white tank top beginning to get soaked. My eyes then closed.

I was able to feel, hear but I could not see.

A sweet aroma and familiar scent filled my nose as I laid there limp in his arms. A unique sensation then began to spread all through me as a huge gust of wind blew furiously against me.

And that's all I remembered before I was out cold.