Chapter 13 [FM]

Sunday October 16, 2011 (1:00am)

I've decided to stop writing author's notes in the beginning. From now on, I'll just put them at the end unless there is something really important. Some people skip the author's notes and miss important things sometimes, so if there happens to be something important at the end, I will put that there is something important in all caps.

For Example:

TO ALL LONE SHE-WOLF FAN: THERE IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!

Like that. Sorry I haven't uploaded sooner. I've been really busy lately. School sucks. Work sucks. Homework sucks. Practice and late games suck. That's mainly it... anyway, I'll let you read now...

_________________

Ty’s P.O.V.

It was completely stupid of me to run from River that night. It made me look even more suspicious, but I didn’t even care at that point. She thought that I had a mate that wasn’t her. She’d told me that she wanted to be there for me. That she was there if I wanted to talk.

That just made me even angrier and more upset and frustrated. How could I stay mad and be rude to her when she was like that. She understood and that’s what I didn’t like.

River understood what it was like and what was happening. She understood that I was alone and I bet she even knew how afraid I really was. The worst part was knowing she understood because it was the same for her, except worse. I wished that she didn’t feel like that now that she thought Mike was her mate, but she still did.

Mike was right, though I would never admit it to him. River would find out that Mike wasn’t her mate. I had to do something that would keep her in the dark. I had to do something to make her feel like being with Mike would be better than being anywhere else. Better than being with me.

I was destined to spend my life alone. Right now, that’s all I knew. Fate had given me a mate that was originally destined to die. My parents were dead and I’ve been alone ever since. Carl and Suzanne were never apart of my life, really. Yes, I was the alpha, but I’d run my pack alone. That’s what was supposed to happen.

As much as I hate to say it, River was meant to die. If her father hadn’t found her, she would’ve died. But she was going to be able to defy the odds now. She’d be okay and she’ll live a happy life with someone who can take care of her.

She will school, go to college, and get any job she’ll want. Mike will be by her side always and eventually they’d get married. They’d have a family of their own one day. Maybe even have a little girl with eyes that sparkled blue like River’s did. Those eyes that I’ve dreamed about since the first time I’ve seen her. The eyes I’ll dream about for the rest of my life.

I’ll miss those eyes when River gets to live her perfect life.

Me? I guess I’ll just be the alpha as I long as I have to be. Then, I’ll pass it onto my beta and the alpha line will continue with his son. That is why it was so important that I choose my beta wisely. He’d need to make a good alpha to replace.

After that, I’d just leave. I wouldn’t tell anyone where I was going and I would leave everything behind. It will be as if I were dead. Once I knew River was completely safe, I would be gone.