Chapter 12 [FM]

August 17, 2011 (9:35 pm)

To start off, I meant to start writing this chapter like four days ago, but I was being lazy. That and I was kind of busy. Summer vacation's almost over and I'm super upset. :'[

Plus, I'm getting more frustrated at this story. I want to get to all the good parts, but I need to wait and write the stuff before them. That and the fact that everyone keeps asking about a non-existent character. Mike is meant to be alone in this book! He's not gay either. (no offense to gay people) He's just not mean to have a mate.

I swear I'm just going to get so annoyed that I'm going to go on a killing spree and kill off every single character in this book! Except for Aiden and Vick and Talia. Because they are some of my favorite minor characters. Just wait... you'll love Talia...

Story time?

_______________________

River’s P.O.V.

The next morning, I woke up sweating and panting for breath. I'd had that dream again. It was the dream where my mother had shown up and demanded that I chose someone. The only difference has been was that my family hadn't been there at all. It was just my mother, Kevin, Mike, Ty, the wolf, and me. James, Lizzie, and Jimmy weren't there anymore.

When I looked at the time, I saw that there was only an hour before until noon. Quietly cursing to myself, I quickly jumped into my shower and then got dressed within a half an hour. I left my hair down so it would air dry, like always. I picked out a simple outfit, fit for a first date.

I was going to pretty, purple-pinkish tank top with dark jeans and strapped heels. I put my hair in low-side ponytail with a white and black flower clip to hold it in place. I grabbed my phone, money, and lip gloss and put them in my light gray wristlet.

James was at work. He only got Sundays off, so that meant Lizzie would be home with Jimmy. I sighed, knowing I'd have to face her now. As I crept downstairs, I could hear the shuffling of envelopes. No human would be able to hear that. It seemed that the closer I got to my full moon, the stronger my senses became. I moved toward the sound.

Once I was in the kitchen, I gently knocked on the open door. Elizabeth didn't turn around and didn't say anything. So, she was holding a grudge against me. Wasn't that just a bit immature?

"Um, I'm going out for a bit," I said quietly. That did it. Lizzie whirled around and glared at me.

"River Marie Woods," she said. "You will not go anywhere other than your room!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Most mother's would be ecstatic about their daughter's first date," I mumbled.

Her expression softened and she sighed. "River, it's not that... You were out of line yesterday and need to be taught a lesson. I'm sorry."

"I know, Lizzie. I called Kevin and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you; I just wanted a little bit of freedom. I finally feel at home somewhere and I have actual friends who really care about me here already. I guess I just got caught up with a taste of the good life, that I forgot about how you guys might feel," I said, swallowing hard.

Then Lizzie's will crumbled. "Oh, honey," she said softly as she hugged me. "It's okay. I know your life has been hard. There's no doubt your happier here. I just need to know that you'll be safe. Bring some friends over sometime. I'd love to meet them."