13

Night came quickly and Calum remembered he was supposed to go back to Michael's house. He let himself in and could hear yelling from the basement so he followed the sound, saying a "Hello, Mrs. Clifford" to Michael's mother who was sitting on the living room couch along the way.

From the top of the basement stairs, Calum could see Michael and Ashton in their usual position on the floor playing video games. The rest of the way down, he realized they weren't alone and almost collapsed in himself when he saw Luke sprawled out on the couch.

Calum hesitantly reached the floor and Luke snapped his head to look at him, "Michael!" Luke looked at the unbothered boy on the floor and tried to speak over the loud noise of the game, "You said you wouldn't fucking invite him while I'm here!"

Michael turned around then and smiled at Calum then at Luke. "Just because you two have weird problems to work out doesn't mean me and Ash have to schedule separate hang out times."

"Fine. I'm leaving," Luke stood from the couch but Ashton guarded the foot of the stairs, blocking Luke.

"No, you're not. We're fixing this right now. Sit down." Ashton commanded Luke and Calum, who did, but at opposite ends of the couch. "Now..." Ashton made a general reference with his hands, "Talk. Michael. Your room, let's go."

Ashton dragged Michael by his shirt up the basement stairs and closed the door behind them.

The large room was painfully silent and horribly awkward for the two boys who would hardly look at each other. Calum was mad at himself for taking his frustration out on Luke and Luke was mad at Calum for basically the same reason.

Calum scratched his jean clad knee with his fingernail and looked at Luke, "I told you I'm sorry."

"You hurt me, Calum."

"I didn't mean to! I was just... upset."

"About what?" Luke asked, "Your parents? Because I told you you can talk to me abou-"

"No, not my parents. Fuck, Luke." Calum dug his face into his hands, his elbows propped on his knees, and sighed.

"Then, what?" Luke scooted closer and tilted his head.

Calum looked at him and the proximity was killing him, "You." Calum said simply. "You made me upset."

"How did I make you upset?"

Calum started thinking about what Michael said. Kiss him. He'll kiss back. So he did.

Calum attached his lips to Luke's and the blonde placed his hands firmly on Calum's chest, as if to push him away, but they relaxed a second later when Luke's eyes fell closed and he moved his lips with Calum's. The hands that almost shoved Calum away moved up his chest to the back of his neck and Luke pulled Calum closer to him.

Calum pulled away momentarily, breathless, "You like me."

"No, I don't," Luke denied and continued kissing Calum.

Calum's hands found Luke's waist and slipped under his shirt, feeling the warm skin while Luke attacked his mouth. The blonde came up for air and Calum took the opportunity to leave sloppy kisses down the column of his throat and his neck. Luke tilted his head up, his eyes closed as Calum's warm, thick lips sucked at the fair skin.

"Be mine, Luke."

Luke moved his leg over Calum's lap to straddle him. "No."

He pressed his lips against Calum's again and moved his mouth wider, invading Calum's mouth until their tongues found each other.

Tan hands ran up Luke's thighs and found his bum and squeezed, making Luke moan into Calum's mouth.

"Be mine," Calum repeated.

"I can't." Luke slowly consumed Calum's neck. He left hot kisses on the area below Calum's ear. Luke was amazing with his mouth and could have Calum on the floor in seconds.

"Why not?" Calum managed to choke out and Luke detached his lips from Calum's neck and stared into the dark eyes.

"Do you love me?"

Calum's mouth fell open, "Wha-"

Luke cut Calum off with a soft kiss to his lips and said again, "Do you love me?"

Calum played with the bottom of Luke's shirt and pondered the question. Luke could easily take over Calum's life if he wanted to. He had the complete ability to make Calum do whatever he wanted and Calum would happily do it just to see Luke happy, just to be the reason for Luke's smile. He never realized it before now.

"Yes," Calum finally said, "I love you."

Luke looked at Calum like a deer in headlights, as if he wasn't expecting that answer. Every emotion in existence hit Luke like a train running a thousand miles an hour and he didn't know what to say.

Calum searched for something in Luke's expression but found nothing. "Luke, say som-"

He was cut off yet again by Luke's lips on his but it was different now. It had so much more feeling. Luke held Calum's face in his hands, his fingers trembling and tangling in the dark hair until he eventually couldn't hold his breath anymore and he pulled barely a centimeter away. "I love you, too."

Calum smiled and wrapped his arms around Luke's waist, pulling him suffocatingly close as Luke drowned his tongue with Calum's in the little bubble of electricity they created with their mouths.

Luke pulled at Calum shirt and pulled it up and over his head, barely detaching their lips for even half a second and Calum pulled away. "We're in Michael's basement," Calum got out between breaths.

"I'll lock the door, they won't hear us. They're all the way upstairs," Luke kissed Calum's neck again who shook his head and chuckled at Luke's desperateness.

"Not here. Later, though, okay?"

Luke ran a finger over the skin on Calum's collarbone. "You're not gonna, like, chain me to a tiger and shove your forearm up my ass, are you?"

"Fuck you." Both boys laughed as Calum kissed Luke once more before slipping his shirt back on and lifting Luke off his lap.

Ashton's voice called from the outside of the basement door soon after. "Have you two made up yet?"

"Yeah, you can come down now," Luke chuckled.

Calum couldn't hide the goofy smile on his face as Ashton simply smirked and shook his head as he took a seat on the couch, handing a game controller to Luke. "Michael fell asleep so I'm ready to kick your ass at Fifa. You guys can tell me about how you were making out in here later."

Luke looked at Ashton confusingly.

"Calum, your shirt's inside out and it smells like sexual frustration in here," Ashton clarified.

Calum blushed and took his shirt off, turned it the right side in, and put it back on.

The rest of the night was spent watching Ashton lose at video games and the boys decided they would sleep at Michael's for the night.