10

Calum parked the car and he and Luke both got out. He led the anxious blonde to the front doors of a building that looked like it had been abandoned for years.

Calum removed the open lock from the weak door and pulled it open, letting Luke walk in first. He led the curious blonde further into the building until they were at another door which Calum pulled open with ease.

"What is it?" Luke asked, unable to see passed the door from where he was standing. Calum smiled and gestured for Luke to go through and when he did, his jaw dropped.

They were outside again, but this time, they were in a giant field of tall sunflowers that came up to the boys' knees. Luke looked out into the place and then at Calum.

Calum chuckled, "Come on." Calum walked further into the field and Luke followed.

Luke had never seen anything like it and he felt awful for stepping on the pretty flowers. Every few seconds Calum would look back and Luke thought Calum's skin and hair complimented the barely orange morning sky and the yellow, white, and green pallet of the field perfectly so he kept walking.

Calum stopped suddenly and pulled Luke to sit down and he did, criss crossed in front of Calum, their knees touching.

"How did you manage to find a sunflower field behind an old broken down building?" Luke asked while he looked down at his hands and mindlessly played with the flowers.

Calum shrugged, "Sometimes I get bored and look for trouble but I ended up finding flowers."

Luke smiled and nodded before timidly looking up at Calum and the older boy wish he didn't.

The slightly yellowish, orange sky made Luke's hair look like it was glowing gold. The warm color cascaded over the blonde's fair skin and it looked like he was born from the sun the way his light freckles were now prominent against his nose and upper cheeks.

Calum sighed in contempt when Luke smiled that he almost didn't hear him when he spoke. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Luke asked.

"You look like art," Calum said honestly and casually, as if those words wouldn't make Luke's stomach melt. "Van Gogh should've painted you."

What would normally be a soft pink blush was now a fiery red on Luke's cheeks. Luke tried to look down, anywhere but at Calum, embarrassed by his flushed cheeks, but Calum lifted his chin back up. "No, look at me," Calum dropped his hand and focused in on Luke's eyes. "I just told you you look like art. I wanna see you."

"You're making this really difficult," Luke said.

"Making what difficult?"

"Doing whatever you want, physically."

Calum furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't know what you're trying to say."

"'You look like art?,'" Luke continued, quoting Calum, "You can't say shit like that."

"I can't compliment you?"

Luke looked down then back up at the confused boy. "I agreed to the jar thing because I wanted you physically. Nothing else."

Luke kept repeating that word. Physically. It was starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard to Calum.

Calum looked down at the ground and then stood up. "Let's just go back home," he said softly and started walking away.

Luke stood too and caught up, a confused look on his face as he tried to keep up with Calum's fast pace, "Why?"

"Because I'm tired," Calum said bitterly.

"What just happened? Why are you so mad all of the sudden?"

"I'm not, I'm just tired. I haven't slept in almost two days."

The two reached the back of the building and Calum quickly walked through the door as Luke timidly followed behind. "Okay," the blonde mumbled, barely audibly.

The ride home was silent and the tension was thick, Luke could almost touch it. He reached for Calum's hand a few times but the older boy just brushed it off, so Luke gave up as they arrived back home just as the sun was rising.