2

The four friends found out about a carnival nearby and they decided to go. Luke, personally hated fairs but Calum wanted to go so he couldn't resist.

Ashton got all of the wrist bands while the other boys waited patiently in line for him to finish. Calum knew exactly where he wanted to go first as he walked quickly to where he could see the line for the bumper cars.

"Come on, Cal. There are so many cooler rides," Michael whined.

"The bumper cars are the best part of any carnival."

The line soon moved up and the four got to the front of the line. They all tried to step onto the platform but the operator told them there were only two cars available. Calum groaned, "I don't want to wait anymore, let's just split up into two. I'll go with Luke."

Calum dragged Luke by the arm onto the slippery floor where all the bumper cars were.

"I like the blue one! Get in the blue one!" Luke yelled as Calum did what he was told.

Ashton got into a red bumper car with Michael after yelling, "You assholes! You only chose the blue one because you knew I'd want it!"

Calum laughed loudly while buckling his seat belt. Luke had trouble with his and decided to forget about it and held on to the side of the car instead. The man in a black and white checkered polo looked over all the people in the cars until he stopped at Luke.

"Sir!" The man called, "I can't let the cars move until you put on your seatbelt!"

Luke groaned and tried to buckle his seat belt again but couldn't get it. Calum laughed at his friend's frustration and reached across Luke's lap and somehow buckled the seatbelt with ease. Luke restrained from biting his lip as he's nearly out of money to put in the jam jar and focused his attention on the cars.

Suddenly, Calum and Luke's car jolted forward, signaling that it was given power, and Calum stepped on the pedal without hesitation. Straight away, he aimed for Michael and Ash's car and rammed into them with a loud thud and it caused them to get stuck in a corner. Ashton made the bad decision of letting Michael have the driver's seat and now they couldn't get out. Luke and Calum laughed hysterically as they drove away in attempt to hit or get someone else stuck.

The cars all stopped simultaneously and everyone exited the area through a gate. The sun was already starting to go down since the boys got there so late but it didn't faze them. All of their parents pretty much trusted them, for the most part. They all just needed to be home by their curfew of midnight.

Calum suggested they should save the best rides for last and get all the small stuff out of the way since those are the things that get shut down first. The next attraction they went to was a house of mirrors. Luke hated those.

Michael walked through the door of the trippy mirror 'fun' house first, then Ashton went in. Calum was going to go in next but Luke stopped him. "Go in after me in case I get lost. I fucking hate these things," he muttered as he cautiously walked into the reflective interior of the giant tent. The sound of the fair outside slowly became muffled as he walked further with Calum behind him.

"You're supposed to get lost, Luke. It's a house of mirrors," Calum chuckled making Luke roll his eyes.

Luke quickly lost track of his path and stopped walking. He turned around and all he saw were mirrors. Mirrors, mirrors, and more mirrors. It drove him crazy as he unintentionally spun around in circles. Two hands held a firm grip on his shoulders, stopping him, and he looked up to see Calum.

"Calm down," Calum said, "you're not gonna die. Come on."

Luke's fingers latched tightly onto the back of Calum's shirt as the older boy navigated around tight corners and through the room. They got to a pathway and they walked down it, Luke never letting go of Calum shirt.

Calum continued taking short steps down the path with his arms in front of him, feeling for mirrors, until the pathway began to narrow. "What the hell?" he mumbled, not meaning for Luke to hear but he did.

"What?"

"The path's getting tighter," Calum continued walking but Luke pulled at his shirt.

"Then let's turn around and find another way out. Get in front of me."

Calum tried squeezing passed Luke to only get stuck between Luke's body and a mirror. Their chests and front of their thighs were pressed together as Calum continued to shuffle around in the small space he had. "Okay," Calum groaned as he looked at Luke who's face was exceedingly close to his, "you're gonna have to work with me here."

Luke knew what he meant and he tried to slip out from between Calum and the mirror to the right as the tanner boy went to the left. Neither Luke nor Calum were claustrophobic but this situation was enough to make them so. "And when we get back home," Calum continued, looking down and then back up at Luke, "five dollars in the jar."

Luke looked down and his cheeks turned red at the sight of his growing boner. You can't stay down for ten minutes? Luke thought to himself.

Eventually, they got unstuck from each other and Luke couldn't wait to get out of there for one of the reasons being that his jeans were tight from how close he had just been and still was to Calum.

Luke didn't even realize he let go of Calum until Calum reached behind him while he walked and gripped the front of Luke's shirt.

Calum abruptly stopped again. He looked around for a moment until he grunted out in frustration. Luke furrowed his brows, "Why'd you stop?"

"There's another fucking mirror right in front of me. What the fu-" Calum let go of Luke's shirt and felt all around them. "Are we in a fucking box?! How the fuck do we get out of here, we were going the same fucking way we came!"

As if someone could hear their mental cries for help, a man with a t-shirt that said 'Juneberry Carnival' in bold magenta letters on the front, dragged Luke and Calum out of the death trap of mirrors. It was sort of a blur, but somehow, the two ended up back outside, standing in front of Michael and Ashton.

"Apparently they have a rule if you're not out in fifteen minutes, someone has to go in and get you," Michael said. "What the hell took you guys so long?!"

"We were only in there for fifteen minutes? It felt like two hours," Calum stated.

"Well, it wasn't. Come on its getting late and me and Ash still wanna ride the gravitron."

For the rest of the night, the group hopped from ride to ride while trying (and failing) to skip lines and eating fried, yet sugar covered foods until they finally decided they'd had enough for one day and went back home to Michael's house.

-•-•-
okay i really like this story and i've already started writing the next chapter and i had to put my phone down for five minutes to regain my composure while writing it.

-cee :)