Chapter 13: Turning Back So Soon

Wow, I really took forever to update this... Anyway, before I get mobbed and beaten with pitch forks and torches, I'll be updating 2 chapters as a way of apology...? Eh-heh, if you please.
______________________________________________________________________

Both underground doctor and fake blonde froze at the voice, glancing at Izaya nervously. Said informant was standing in the doorway of the living room, eyes wide in shock.
"... What the heck?"

Shinra's living room was blanketed in awkward silence. No one made a move to say anything after Izaya's oh so eloquent reaction.
Shizuo felt a drop of sweat roll down the side of his face and he gulped, flinching at how loud it sounded in the quiet room. Izaya opened his mouth as if to say something, but immediately closed it when no sound would come out. As for Shinra, he was trying his best to stifle his giggles at the entire situation.
After all, it was quite comical with his arms around Shizuo's waist as he tried to stop the fake blonde, who resembled a deer caught in the headlights, from vaulting out of his window. And Izaya- the great and mighty informant of Shinjuku- gaping like a fish out of water. He couldn't hold it in any longer!
Luckily for him, Izaya finally said something. "Shizu-chan, are you cosplaying, or was your protozoan brain foolish enough to trust Shinra after what had happened to me? Then again, I should've expected it, considering its you. And of course you would be a dog."
Shizuo knew Izaya was going to say something to piss him off. He knew. Doesn't mean it made him any less angry. But he held it in. After all, he didn't want to pay for any damages he inflicted on Shinra's property.
"Izaya-kun, what did you need from me?" Shinra piped up, sensing Shizuo's barely held back rage. He was sweating profusedly, hoping the other wouldn't destroy his beloved home.
Izaya's eyes lighted up with realization and he quickly took opened his furred coat to reveal a small kitten. "I usually leave them alone, but I saw some kids kicking him and... Damn it, just take care of his wounds!"
Izaya was glaring at Shizuo and Shinra's shocked expressions, his face lightly flushed in embarrassment at his uncharacteristic display of compassion. "Well? Take care of him," he huffed when they still wouldn't move from their shocked state.
Snapping out of it, Shinra quickly went over and inspected the damages done to the sleeping feline. "I'm no veterinarian, but he seems fine. Only a few scratches and maybe a fractured leg, but nothing I can't fix." Izaya internally sighed in relief. He wouldn't admit it, but he was freaking out when he realized that the cat stopped moving inside his jacket. He handed the cat over to Shinra.
"Be careful with him," he warned as the underground Doctor left the room... Leaving him alone with Shizuo.
Glancing at said man, he refrained from sighing in exasperation. "Shizu-chan, are you going to sit down or are you just going to remain in that pose like an idiot?"
Realizing his body was still half out the window, Shizuo nervously slid back into the room and joined Izaya, who'd just made himself comfortable on the couch. He noticed Izaya shift nervously, but chose to ignore it over what was currently on his mind at the moment.
"Um, Izaya, can you do me a favor?"
Izaya raised a brow, his curiosity increasing. After all, Shizuo never requested anything from him before. Deciding to humor him, he agreed.
Shizuo was shocked. Just like that, he agreed? It reminded him of the situation Shinra described not 30 minutes ago and he began to wonder if maybe the underground Doctor was on to something.
"... Will you tell me you love me?" He couldn't look Izaya in the face. It was too embarrassing. Imagining it was bad, but to actually say it out loud... It was way worse and more embarrassing than he thought! And Izaya wasn't saying anything! That was not helping. Shizuo briefly wondered if someone could die from anxiety.
Oblivious to Shizuo's inner turmoil, Izaya was thrown in a state of confusion at the request. Tell Shizuo he loved him? But they already knew that, so why did he need to voice it. Not that he minded or anything, but it was a bit weird for them to so openly declare their love for each other.
But, he supposed, maybe Shizu-chan is too shy to say it and wants me to say it first to make it less embarrassing? Not that it would make a difference, and it seemed highly unlikely.
But, it wasn't like it was the end of the world. And Shizuo never asked anything from him, so he could at least concede this much.
"I love you." Shizuo's eyes widened in shock, not believing Izaya said the 3 words they still haven't gone to saying. That easy?! Just like that?!
Izaya mirrored his expression, but for another reason. "Shizu-chan! Shizu-chan, your ears are shrinking!" And that they were. They were completely gone in a matter of seconds and Shizuo was never so relieved when he felt nothing but hair when he checked.
Then, looking up at Izaya, his relief was immediately replaced by bashfulness when he remembered what caused the ears to disappear. He was about to ask if the informant meant it, but Izaya cut him off.
"Shinra! What is the meaning of this?!"
Shizuo looked up, confused when Izaya suddenly stood up and began marching into the room Shinra disappeared into. He wondered why Izaya was so mad... Until he heard the next sentence...
"Shizu-chan gets an easy 'I love you' to break his curse, and I had to lose my innocence for the same thing?!"
Shizuo would agree, but if it weren't for that, Izaya and he would've never realized how much they cared about each other. That and the fact that he was the one to be with Izaya. He'd probably punch Shinra to Mars had Izaya been with someone else...