Chapter 2: Conflicts

It was a quiet day in Ikebukuro for once. There were no soaring vending machines, wayward trash cans, and the occasional- not so rare- flying humans. And it felt so wrong.
Shizuo gnawed on the end of his cancer stick in annoyance. He should've been happy about the peace he so craved finally being given to him, but Izaya being gone for a month without bothering him? He had a feeling that the informant was plotting something.
That and the mounting feeling of worry- though he would deny that vehemently- that something had happened to Izaya. He wanted to be happy at the thought of the flea bed-ridden in some hospital, but it only left a bitter taste in his mouth. He honestly didn't get why it was bothering him so much, but it was. Even the day before, he somehow found himself in front of Izaya's apartment in Shinjuku while wandering on a day off.
Sighing, he spat the cigarette out and stomped on it. "Damn flea, if you don't show up in the next 2 days, I'm going to punch the scheme right out of you," he mumbled, growling and scaring the passerby's away.

Izaya was blissfully unaware of the trouble he was unintentionally causing to Shizuo as he sat on his couch enjoying his fatty tuna. Maybe it was because of the sudden cat transformation, but the fish tasted 10 times better than it usually did. At least he wasn't craving milk like he thought he would.
He started when he heard a familiar ringtone. Grabbing his phone off of the desk, he answered.
"Shinra, what do I owe the pleasure?" Not really, went unsaid.
There was shuffling on the other end before, "I made a prototype for the antidote. Can you test it?"
Well, the last time he agreed to test anything from Shinra, this happened to him. But, it was for the antidote, and he so desperately wanted to turn back to normal. Besides, what could happen that'd be worse than him turning into a half-cat?
Decision made, he said, "I'll be there in an hour." Hanging up without waiting for an answer, he went and put on his usual disguise when leaving the apartment (the clothes from before).

Shinra smirked when he got the OK from Izaya. Celty, who was just about to leave for another job, gave him a questioning look. [What are you up to?]
Shinra waved her off nonchalantly. "Nothing you need to worry about my dear Celty. And have a safe trip!" Celty just nodded silently and left. However, the foreboding feeling wouldn't leave her and she wondered if it had something to do with truth serum Shinra had just finished making...

Somewhere on a train heading for Ikebukuro, Izaya felt a shiver going up his spine. Blinking curiously, he wondered if it was too cold where he was sitting and moved.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So... Well, I'm planning on adding some more characters as the chapters pass. (^ ^) Anyway, how was the chapter?
Also... Thank you guys for the comments, even though there aren't a lot, it means tons to me that you like it!