Chapter 4: Secret

He grabbed one of the ears and blinked in awe when they flickered under his fingers. All he could say was, "What the hell?"

Izaya could of died from mortification at the fact that, of all the people who could've found out, it was Shizuo. Actually, no. He shouldn't have been surprised at all. With all the nonsense happening in his life lately, this was just a small bump on the metaphorical road.
But regardless of that, it still didn't mean he was okay with Shizuo touching his new appendages.
Smacking the hand away, he hissed at Shizuo, his eyes narrowing dangerously. He didn't even care that it made him seem more cat-like.
"Oi Flea, what happened to you?"
Izaya was about to give a sarcastic and witty response that was sure to enrage Shizuo, but to his and Shizuo's surprise, he gave the answer straight up. "Shinra tested one of his concoction on me and this happened." Shinra just smirked and decided that, since the potion had obviously taken effect, it was time to play. Maybe something easy and obvious before the juicy stuff.
"Izaya," had began cheerfully, "what do think of Shizuo?" It was a simple enough question, and no one was expecting what Izaya said next, not even the informant himself.
"Shizu-chan is a human with inhuman strength and is super unpredictable that it pisses me off. The only reason he interests me is because unlike all my beloved humans, I can't predict Shizu-chan. And he's not scary at all, unlike my other humans," he said incredulously, not believing that he was the one saying such things. No one did, and Shinra was beginning to think that maybe his truth serum was a bust...
"Are you sick or something? Why are you acting so weird?" Shizuo asked, confused. Also, he would never admit it, but he was immensely happy that there was someone who actually saw him as a human being instead of a monster. Even of it was the Flea. And he even went as far as saying that Shizuo wasn't as scary as normal humans.
Izaya was, again, mortified. What was going on? Why was his feelings being expressed so freely?
And then it hit him. Turning a glare at Shinra's direction, he growled. "Shinra, what else was in that prototype antidote?" Shinra laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. Izaya was too smart to be fooled, but he was the only one Shinra could test his serums on with no ounce of regret. Well, actually, that wasn't true. But Izaya was the only one he could trust not to sue him or murder him.
As of now, however, he wasn't so sure.
"It was just a simple truth serum! Nothing more, I swear. And besides, it's only temporary." Izaya sighed too tired yo really get mad.
Turning to Shizuo warily, he said, "Shizu-chan, I promise not to bother you for a whole month if you promise not to tell anyone about this."
Shizuo frowned. Of course he wasn't going to tell anyone. It was no one's business but the Flea's, but a month of peace did sound nice. "Fine, but you better not go back on your word Flea." Also, Shizuo didn't really feel like doing anything bad to Izaya at the current moment. He still felt warm at the words, and it made him have a good mood.
Slumping on the couch in relief, Izaya was glad that at least he had that covered. Now, he just needed to keep himself away from Shinra until he knew for sure that the antidote was legit.
~( ̄▽ ̄)~
Shizuo sighed and took a long drag on his cancer stick. The day was pretty eventful as he found out about Izaya's predicament. And also...
His face turned a light shade of pink as he remembered what Izaya said about him. And he knew it was all true because Shinra drugged him with a truth serum.
"But why do I feel so happy? It's just the damn Flea, after all," he told himself. He growled in frustration when his face didn't lose it's tint.
"Argh, that damn Flea is always making things so confusing! When I see him again, I'll definitely KILL HIM!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. And the pic. Isn't Neko Izaya just so KAWAII? 😍
Also, I was reading the One Punch Man manga by recommendation from a friend and it is AWESOME! Saitama is so strong I think even Shizuo doesn't stand a chance against him. Well, Shizuo actually doesn't, which says a lot.