Chapter 12: Like this?

Shizuo shuffled his feet nervously, eyes on the ground to avoid the curious stare being sent his way. It was embarrassing, but he had no other choice if he wanted to turn back to normal. Izaya was mocking and condescending at times, and he was afraid the other would just laugh at him, but he had a feint hope that the other would go through with his request with no hitches.
"Izaya," he began, glancing up to meet curious Crimson orbs. "Will you-?"
"Shizu-chan, why are you wearing a hood?" Shizuo froze at the question. He was never good at lying to the informant, but it was too embarrassing to say it aloud. Also, he was pretty sure Izaya would just laugh at him. After all, he was foolish enough to ever trust Shinra's services after what happened to Izaya.
So, instead of answering, he began his earlier question where was rudely cut-off. "Will you do me a favor?" Izaya raised a brow, his curiosity increasing. After all, Shizuo never requested anything from him before. Deciding to humor him, he agreed.
"Will you tell me you love me?"
There was silence in the room. Shizuo, who was looking down, felt nervous as the seconds ticked by and decided to risk a glance. After all, it must be a good sign if Izaya wasn't laughing at him. But when he looked up, he was met with the sight of a red-faced Izaya, his eyes wide and his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.
The sight of the informant out of words was enough to get rid of any embarrassment left in Shizuo's mind.
Stalking to Izaya's frozen form, he smirked down at him and leaned close until there faces were inches apart. "What's wrong, I-za-ya-kun," he purred out. "Cat got your tongue?"
Izaya glanced up at him shyly and the image was too much for Shizuo as he pulled Izaya to him an began to-.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," Shizuo yelled in embarrassment. "I thought you were giving me advice on how to ask Izaya to tell me he loved me, not you telling me your inner fantasies on the matter!"
"Hey, the only one I fantasize about is my darling Celty!" That didn't help his case, and it only gave Shizuo an image of Celty being Izaya and Shinra taking his place in the image. This didn't make sense because, if anything, Celty was the dominant in their relationship... Of topic.
"Besides, Izaya wouldn't blush. He's too prideful to do that."
Shinra huffed, annoyed that his story of what would happen wasn't believed. "Then what do you think will happen?" Shizuo thought for a moment. "Well..."

"Oi Flea, can you do me a favor?"
"Shizu-chan? Have you finally realized your protozoan-ness and decided to try and make yourself a more... intelligent being with my assistance? I'm sorry, but I can't help a lost cause." The infuriating smirk was on his face and he felt his temper rising, but he managed to keep it in check. He had more to lose if he killed Izaya before he got rid of the extra appendages.
"Also, are you trying to make a fashion statement?" Shizuo knew he must've been referring to the small hood-y he had borrowed from Shinra to hide his ears. It looked ridiculous on him, to be frank, but he was just thankful that Izaya made an excuse for him.
Taking a deep breathe to calm himself, he gave Izaya a serious look and said, "Tell me you love me."
There was silence in the room before it was broken by Izaya's laughter. Heaving, his arms around his stomach, he managed to gasp out, "What?"
"Tell me you love me." Shizuo was starting to break the table he'd been leaning on in an attempt to hold in his rage, but Izaya just wouldn't stop laughing in his face.
"As if I could ever love a monster like you," Izaya finally said after calming down. That did it.
"IZAYA-KUN, YOU'RE DEAD!"

"That's not any better than mine!"
"At least it's realistic," Shizuo muttered, annoyed at his own imagination for coming up with such an infuriating situation. He wouldn't admit it, but he was also a bit sad by the thought.
Noticing this, Shinra felt pity for his bartender friend. "You never know until you try, right? Besides, Izaya may call you unpredictable, but he's the one who always seems to defy our expectations."
Shizuo smiled slightly, thankful for Shinra's attempt at cheering him up. "I guess you're right. Well, I probably should go and see him then?"
"Yeah-."
Shinra was cut off by a loud knocking on his door. "Shinra, I know you're in there! Let me in, I need to talk to you about something!" Shinra smiled, thinking that Shizuo could be cured faster then they thought. "Isn't that great, Shizuo-kun?" But when he turned around, Shizuo wasn't there.
"Wah?"
His eyes widened when he spotted said ex-bartender with one foot out of his window and he proceeded to grab hold of his arm, trying to pull him back into his apartment.
"Are you crazy?! I thought you were ready to do it!"
"I changed my mind, damn it! He'll just laugh at me, anyway! Now let me-!"
"Shizu-chan?"
Both underground doctor and fake blonde froze at the voice, glancing at Izaya nervously. Said informant was standing in the doorway of the living room, eyes wide in shock.
"... What the heck?"

_________________________________________________________________________

To be honest, Izaya and Shizuo are both predictable if you put it in general because Izaya is always going to be behind most of the bad things that happen in Ikebukuro, and Shizuo is always going to be there to ruin his plans. :P

Just a reminder. Terrible internet signal in the dorms so I probably won't be able to update as often. Maybe in a week or 2...?