Volleyasket Ball: Loving You From a Distance

Volleyball's POV:

"Girl, there are so many people here, I would've, like, thought this was a pride parade!" Bucket remarked as she slammed the car door and looked out at the brightly clothed people inside and out of the open doors of the building. They were wearing their usual pearly white and silver colors, and knew that they wouldn't exactly blend in too well with the gigantic array of colors.

We were about to walk into the building, when Bucket stopped me, holding out her arm. "I say we, like, stay outside in the back. We'll barely hear each other inside with all the music blaring." I danced around and listened to the music. "Awww, but I, like, love this song!" Bucket sighed and grasped my hair. "You love every song." She told me, sounding annoyed. "OW! I just got my hair done this morning, I don't want it ruined!" Bucket rolled her eyes and smiled. We sashayed over to the backyard, and did our signature 'party entering' pose in front of the crowd. I yelled to the crowd, "Pictures last longer, boys." And we stared off at them, also smirking.

Usually, at least a FEW guys would stop and stare. But no! Not ONE PERSON even paid any attention! Bucket and I simultaneously looked at each other, both of us profoundly confused. I ranted, "Are you kidding? What a joke. At least ONE person should be, like, trampling across the crowd just to get a single, like, whiff of us!" Bucket put her hands on her hips, and bit her lip. "Whatever... I'm getting a drink and totally going on a Twitter rampage about this." I nodded and followed her.

Basketball's POV:

I walked off from IPod, confident to sweep my fairy tale princess right off her feet. I saw her and Bucket trying to pull off some kind of hot party pose. It seemed like there was no avail from the rest of the guests, but it sure caught my attention, hiding myself behind my random, but handy, newspaper that I always keep in the back pocket of my shorts, and secretly peeked over at them.

Looking annoyed, Volley followed Bucket to the refreshment table. I slowly folded the paper and decided to be man and talk to her. I puffed my chest up a bit, and tried to walk over there. She waved goodbye to Bucket as well, who was heading God knows where. Perfect! Just me and her. 10 feet away from her... 8... 5.... 3... Wait.. who's that? I saw that some guy with impressively well combed white hair was trying to flirt or something, and wanted a closer look.

"...Cause your big booty looks like Jupiter. OH GOD WAIT I SAID IT WRON-" She smacked right in his face, to my surprise! Then, she did something even more surprising. "Really? I'm taken, nice try though." She suddenly looked over to me and coupled arms with me. She turned around with me and kissed my cheek. She continued off, and I was absolutely freaking out on the inside. WHAT EVEN JUST HAPPENED...?!?

As soon as we split away from most of the people, she suddenly disconnected from my arm, and said, "Here's $20 to forget that ever happened. I'm sorry that had to occur." She held out the bill to me, and I just stood there silently, still in shock of what just happened. "Are you gonna take it or...?" I politely responded, "Well of course not." She looked at me with an odd expression. "Why not?" I scratched my head, and by now, my face was like a cherry tomato. "W-Well... I don't exactly WANT to forget it."

Volley gave off a small blush. "I thought you couldn't stand me? You always run off or look away when we talk or even make eye contact!" I felt bad for not finishing any conversation with her. "I was just nervous... I almost always stutter or chicken out when I talk to you. And I always look away because you might think I'm some kind of stalker, heh." I smile slightly, and it looks like her eyes seem to glitter in the sunset. "But I'm always looking at you because... it's so hard to look away! You're the definition of beauty and perfection! I've never fawned over any girl as much as I have over you. Volley, I've been holding this in for so long, I have this gargantuan crush on you, and I can't take much more of loving you from a distance."

Volleyball just looked surprised and shocked, still blushing. "I- no one's ever said anything so, like, sweet to me! Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I'm too blind to see how much you really like me! I'm also sorry that I was too blind to realize I felt the same way..." She smiled, and I was about to ask a question, when suddenly she pressed her soft red lips onto mine.

She smiled back and put an arm around me. "Now, I say we go back to my place. You in?" I nodded, smiling like an idiot, and asked, "Didn't you come with Bucket?" She grinned and rolled her eyes. "Oh, she'll be fine, TRUST me." We made our way to the parking lot, and she looked at me and remarked, "You know, your hair looks better when it's messy. And I don't say that too often." She ruffled my hair and smiled. "Better."

I laughed and got in her car. We drove off, and she stopped right at her apartment, which happened to only be a few blocks away. 'I can't believe I'm at VOLLEYBALL's apartment...' I thought excitedly. We got in, and she took us into the elevator. "You know, I never like elevators. But, I have to use them, with my room being on the 5th floor and all." Volleyball told me, when suddenly, a loud noise rang through my ears, and everything went dark.

I felt Volley's light body jump into my arms for safety, and we held close in the corner. "Oh god WHY DID I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING AGHHH!!" She screamed, disappointed in herself for mentioning her discomfort in elevators. I held her close to me and stroked her hair. "It'll be okay.. It'll be okay..." I repeated to her, even though not even I trusted that we'd be okay.

A few minutes later, a deep female voice came into the loud speaker and announced, "I'm sorry for the slight delay in our electrical systems, we will now turn on all electricity. Thank you for your patience." I felt us go back up the levels and told Volley, "Let's hope that anything that scary or unexpected never happens to us EVER AGAIN."

The door opened up to her level, and we went up to her room, which was 523, and she fiddled with the sensor that was supposed to be scanning her card to get in. It finally unlocked, and when we went inside, we both freaked out, as we stared in shock towards the bed, where Bucket and a red haired chick were caught making out. Bucket looked over and quickly pushed the girl to the side and blushed. Volleyball suddenly yelled,

"YOU'RE A LESBIAN?!?"

(A/N: CLIFFHANGER! Huehuehue I'm so bad. But yup! I've decided to continue the series! But, you shall find out who the red haired girl is in a later story! Hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!)