Wood Drop: Don't Be Afraid

Teardrop's POV:
I walked into the dance, wanting to finally do something I've been wanting to do ever since I knew he had a crush on me. Ask out Woody. I knew that there was almost no possible way that he'd ask me. He'd be to scared to! But there was one problem with me asking him as well... I can't talk! No, I mean I literally CAN'T. I have only twice in my entire life, and each time something awful happened that I don't want to talk about, and I don't want anything to happen again. I'm too scared, so I became mute.

I started to try and dance, but I'm really bad at it. I couldn't stop thinking about this could go anyways. I just needed to figure out how I could do it without scaring him... "Still not talking?" A deep voice asked behind me. I shook my head no in response. "Ah. Well, hope you try soon." Realizing it was Spongey, I walked away. I felt kinda bad, but he needs to learn of a certain toiletry product called deodorant. I looked around, trying to find the sandy haired, pale boy. After a while, I spotted him being chased by Blocky with a slip over paper with a picture of  a gray UFO he must've drawn himself. I tried to run over and stop him, but suddenly he stopped. That's not a good sign. I saw Flower slowly creep up towards him, and she had something large in her hands. Suddenly she lifted it up, and before Woody could see, Flower poured a pink liquid on his head. Punch.

Everyone started laughing, and I felt really bad for the poor guy. Flower KNOWS that Woody's scared of artificial flavorings and public humiliation! He started to cry, the ran off. I dashed after him, and tried to find him.

Woody's POV:
I-I can't believe that just happened! I ran into one of the bedrooms, and some girl screamed. I screamed back, and saw she was in this stripper costume and had a whip in her hand. "WHY IS EVERYONE COMING IN HERE IM ABOUT TO KILL SOMEONE-" She kept ranting on, and I ran out of that room as fast as I could. I ran into another room, with no one in it thank gosh, and broke down crying on the bed. "W-why is it that I have to be s-scared of everything? I can b-barely s-speak to someone without screaming! W-what's w-wrong with me?!?" I continued to cry, my hair turning brittle as the artificial flavors continued to stream through, and it landed onto the bed. I felt really bad that I had stained it, but continued to cry.

I heard a small squeak. It startled me, and I jumped up. I saw an eye look through, and I just stared at it. Then the door slowly opened up, and I saw Teardrop, with her blue, beautiful, short, and curled hair. She peered in, and had a look of concern. I looked at her a moment, lost in her eyes, then she snapped her fingers near my face. She gave a look that asked, 'Are you okay?' I sniffled.

"No, TD. No I'm not okay. Why do I have this... this problem? I'm scared of anything and everything. I don't wanna say t-them out loud, cause just thinking about them c-creeps me out! I-I-I just... I don't know. S-Sometimes I just feel l-like if I died, e-everyone would benefit, including m-m-me. No one could care about a c-coward like me. I-I'm surprised I have the c-courage saying this to you. I'm s-sorry if I've c-caused you any trouble. I-I don't mean to." Tear Drop ran over towards the bed, and hugged me. Lightly, of course. I don't like tight spaces.

TD kept shaking her head and tears streaming down her face, disagreeing without saying anything. I was blushing, considering I had a crush on her, I figured that'd happen. "A-Are you okay, Tear Drop?" I asked. She shook her head. "Please tell me, I won't repeat it. Oh right, you can't talk..."

Tear Drop's POV:
I'd be so relieved to tell him, but I just can't talk again. Something bad might happen! How do I tell him that I have that same feeling, but that he HAD to keeping going on with life, no matter what? I sighed and stayed on the bed, my eyes turning glassy as I stared at the window. "Here." He handed me a notepad and a pen.

I wrote, 'Woody, I have the same exact feeling. In my head, it feels so right. But in my gut, I know it's not right to go and die, even though half the island wants us to. You HAVE to keep going.' Woody took a bit to read it, then hugged me. Actually pretty tight. "Thank you, Tear Drop." "You're welcome, Woody."

I shot back and covered my mouth. Oh SHOOT, now something bad is gonna happen any minute now. "TD, w-was that you?" I just was frozen there, my hands over my mouth. Something will happen any minute now. Any minute. "You know, it's o-okay to talk, TD. You can if you want to in here." I shook my head."D-Don't be scared. I may be scared of a whole lot of things, but talking just a b-bit isn't one of them, cause really, nothing bad can happen if you say the right words." I sighed. "Every time I've ever tried to talk, something bad happens."

I covered my mouth again. I have to stop talking! Why can't I stop talking? "See, let's just wait a minute." We waited there in silence for what felt like forever. Then Woody spoke up. "See, TD? Nothing bad will happen!" I slowly scooted next to him. "W-What kind of things happened?" I sighed again, and tears started to glisten in my eyes. "Well, both times I tried to speak up, it was in front my father. Every time, he punched me in the face and screamed, 'Go to your room young lady!'."

Woody covered his mouth. "That's awful! But, I-I wouldn't punch you in the face. You k-know that, right?" I nodded. "Others would though." Woody looked into my eyes. "Only if you say something mean, they will." I sighed. "I-I'll try to get over it. Thanks, Woods." Dang, did I just give him a nickname? Shoot. That's kinda weird. "Woods? I-I like it!"

"Hey, Woody? I know this is kinda off subject but... I like you." Woody shook his head disbelief. "L-Like, like like, or as in like as a f-friend?" "Like like." He blushed. "Uhhh, m-me too, T-TD. Me like you, I mean, I like your face, I mean-" I shut him up and kissed him on the lips. His eyes were the size of saucers when I let go. "Better?" He nodded, and smiled nervously. "B-Better." "How about we just stay here the rest of the night, Woods?" Woody responded shakily, "Sure thing, D-Dropy." Ok, now that was just silly. We giggled, and laid next to each other. I didn't think it was possible, but the one person with the most fears, helped me get over my biggest.

(A/N: Hey guys! I might've rushed this chapter just a bit. I'm just too excited to work on my requests! If anyone was wondering, Notepad x Fez is next, and after that, Mirror x IPod! So be ready! Don't forget, to rate, and comment what you thought down below. You can comment some criticism to if you'd like, along with compliments if you want! 😊)