Chapter 1

In front of me there were a thousand bodies. None of them were dead or alive. Their hearts were beating, but saying they were alive would be an exaggeration. I couldn't see any of them, but I knew they were there. In a couple of hours somebody would come and let me out. The water pumps were pumping new water in as the oxygen mask kept my body alive. The infusion pumps kept the amount of sleep medicine in my blood at the desired level.

It was supposed to make me sleep, and my body was doing just that, but my brain remained awake. I was awake; I had been that forthe last couple of weeks. I remember nothing from before today. It's like the world didn't exist before today. I knew that was illogical. Of course, the world had existed before today. I had been awake for hours, but I had no ideafor how long I had to continue. I knew what I looked like, basic information like how bases and acids work together or how genetics work, and how to fight.I had no idea who was hanging in the harness next to me. The water played with my hair. I must have gotten a hair cut recently. My hair felt light, and I had along pageboy hair cut. I tried to move my hand, but my body was still asleep. I tried opening my eyes, but I couldn't. Outside I could hear others getting out. "Please, hurry up," I thought. I felt the water slowly disappearing, which made my body hang in the harness. My body still wasn't awake, but I could hear someone removing the harness.

I opened my eyes. The room was chalk-white. The woman's uniform had the same color. "Sit up," She said. Her voice was strong and determined, so I did what she said without questioning. She checked my shoulder. "Open wings," I did that. She checked my wings. Nothing was wrong with them. She handed me a newset of clothing. "Go to changing room 3, then through door 7," she instructed me. I walked down the hall. A few other people were there as well. A littlegirl with pale skin and white hair half smiled to me. She walked into changing room 2. I walked into the one next to. The clothes were identically with theset I was already wearing, a grey tank top and black pants. The shoes were alsothe same as I had been wearing yesterday. I looked in the mirror as I put up myhair. "What am I even doing?" I said out loud. It was just supposed to be a thought. "I have no idea," A redhead said. I had no idea how to socialize, so Ileft the room as quickly as possible. Honestly it wasn't a high priority here,so none of us were good at it. I had no idea what the others were called. I couldn't remember any of them from yesterday. Everything was déjà vu. I hadbeen here before. Of course, I had been here before. This place was the only place I could think of. I entered through door 7. The coach pointed to the left side. I walked over to the left side. In front of me different people were standing. They all looked incredibly different. They all had different heights, some were very small and some very tall. Skin colors from nearly white to dark brown. I must say the diversity in the hair colors were the most surprising thing. Meanwhile someone had been knocked out and was lying on the floor with blood running out of their nose. The world is beautiful, humans are beautiful, but mankind isn't. I took a step closer. I looked to the side to see who I was going to fight when the guy in front of me was done. He was taller than me by a few inches. He was muscular build, but most of us were as well. His most noticeable trait was probably that he had 4 arms.

The fight was long; it took at least 10 minutes.None of them got knocked out or gave up. The guy was twice as big as the girl,so she kept moving quickly. The girl, who had been standing in front of me,kicked the guy in solar plexus and then punched him in the head. She had won,which meant I had to be fighting in a couple of seconds. I walked up. I could use the same tactic, if I wanted. I don't have long to think. I looked at him, and he looked at me. He tightened his boxing tape. "I'm sorry that I have to ruin such a beautiful face," he saidwith a smirk. I titled my head.My fists are even more beautiful. "You both know the rules," Coach said and whistled. The guy went after a quick punch in the head. I ducked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked this chapter and the start of this story. What do you think about the MC so far? Thank you so much for starting to read this story. Please, comment your thoughts.

-BirdLysdahl