Chapter 18: The All-Star Unit Cup Part 3

Thursday

Usagi, Akiko, Stella, and Jaja have all passed on to Day 2 of the All-Star Unit Cup and they had to do better than their last performance to go on to the final round.

"Okay, so what can we do to make our 2nd performance better than before?" Stella asked Akiko.

"How about the special appeal? Last time we did just a regular special appeal. Why don't this time we change it to a fever appeal?" Akiko suggested.

"Yeah, but it has to be amazing." Stella said. "We have to get the best possible grade for it. An SA Fever Appeal!"

"The only person who has gotten an SA on a fever appeal was Akari-chan. How are we supposed to get an SA on a fever appeal by 6:00 this afternoon?" Akiko asked.

"We have to train hard, but first, we have to learn about a fever appeal. What is it?" Stella asked Akiko.

Akiko shrugged then looked up the definition on her phone.

"It says that a fever appeal is very different from a special appeal." Akiko said.

"Yeah, we established that." Stella said.

"It also says that you need a fever dress to do a fever appeal!" Akiko said.

"We don't have fever dresses! What are we gonna do?" Stella asked Akiko.

"Maybe we can ask Tadashi-san if he could design for us fever dresses that still matched our song." Akiko suggested.

"The performance is today. Do you even think he'll have time to make them, if he says yes?" Stella asks.

"We have to try." Akiko said.

Akiko called Tadashi.

"Ohayo, Tadashi-san!" Akiko said.

"Ohayo, Akiko-chan. Amazing performance in the Unit Cup. I expect you to do even more for Day 2." Tadashi said.

"Thanks, Stella and I have decided to kick it up a notch with a fever appeal." Akiko said.

"That's great!" He said.

"Yeah, but we need fever coords to do the fever appeal. We were wondering if you could make us fever coords." Akiko said.

"By today? 6:00?" Tadashi said.

"We know that it's a lot to ask for, but we would really like to win the Unit Cup. Please?" Akiko begged.

"I'll try." Tadashi said willingly.

"Arigato Gozai-masu!" The girls squealed.

"While I'm making the coords, practice your fever appeal. I'll have the dresses ready right before you go onstage." Tadashi said.

"Thanks again." Akiko said.

"You're welcome."

Then Tadashi hung up.

"Now let's practice on our fever appeal." Akiko said.

"We first need to find out what exactly a fever appeal is." Stella said as she opened up her laptop.

In Another Part of Starlight

"We did our fever appeal very well. Don't you think so?" Usagi asked Jaja.

"Yeah, but we will have to get an A or better to advance to the last day." Jaja said.