Chapter 6: The Girl In The Garden

Troy William's PoV

I was driving faster that usual. I'm trying to calm down but my hands keep on shaking. It's been a while since I came back to the castle. The castle was officially built for my mother. Its purpose is to house the Luna of the pack. Luna should be the one who manages the castle. The budget and all the other things to be done are all up to the Luna. Since I still don't have one I let my Aunt Rosette manage it. I don't really care about it until just now. I spend my time mainly on the training grounds and pack house. I only came home to grab books and old files when needed. I never imagined I would be this excited going to that castle again.

As I parked the car, I saw the unfamiliar car that Matthew mentioned a while ago. As I got off of the car I froze. My mate, her scent is everywhere. She's really here. I looked at the castle once again. Inside this castle is my mate. I groaned as I inhaled her sweet scent, calming myself once again because I can't deny the fact that my wolf begs more than just her scent. I walked inside quickly, searching for Rosette. I saw the butler and he approached me,

"Alpha." He bowed.

"Where is Rosette?" I asked.

"The madam is in the kitchen together with the guests." He said and I ran towards the kitchen. I heard Rosette's laughing voice from afar and it irritated me. I entered and I saw two guests. I know the younger lady because she used to work for her, she is Beth Taylor and the older that Matthew mentioned is familiar too. They were all looking at me when I came in.

"Oh Troy you're here already!" Rosette said in surprise.

"You have grown up so well, young master." Elder lady said and I thanked her.

"This is Madam Candice and Beth. They often come when you are younger so it's not a surprise you don't recognize them." Rosette said and I greeted them and bowed.

They already started talking again but I have no time to listen to them. I need to see her right now. I interrupted them and asked, "Where is she?"

"She's probably wondering outside dear. She must be in the garden-" I cut her off.

"Thanks." I said and ran. That's all I have to hear. I headed strictly to the garden to see her.

I wonder if she changed too. What does she look like now? Is she as tall as before? I remember when we are younger she's taller than me. Is she still a bully? She is a strong woman but I let her go crazy things and admire her too. I want to see her smile while I protect her. When I see her laugh even though I was being teased I let her be. As long as her reason to smile is me it was all enough.

I wonder if she feels the same. If she sees me now will she be as happy as I am? All this time did she also long for me? In her dreams, in her thoughts, am I included in any of it?

I walked past the benches when I saw her. She's sitting under the shade of the garden trees. She was looking around the flowers at blood. She was playing with the flowers on her hand and it feels funny. My heart is beating too fast. Did I just fall in love again?

Right in front of me is the woman I longed for many years. Her shiny brown hair drifting through the wind as she sits just in the middle of sweet red tulips and roses. The scent of the flowers has no match to hers. She's too beautiful and precious to me. She never fails to make me feel crazy. She changed a lot. I wonder what happened during the past years. Why did she come back?

Why am I feeling sad right now? She came back and that's the most important thing. There is no way I will let this precious moment slip away. Even the most feared Alpha such as I seem to be so afraid of uttering a word to a woman? Honestly, unbelievable. If my pack members see me like this they will laugh at me.

But if I come close to her, I will startle her. She might get scared of me. What if she doesn't remember me? Should I stay like this?

I lifted my head and I caught her looking at me.

-------

Aubrey Howey

I can tell how much Beth and Rosette missed each other. They said they were high school batch mates and a friend to each other. They were both raised by my grandma just like me, their parents are busy. Through ups and downs they have each other. That's good; I wish to have someone like that. You know.. someone who will be there for you no matter what happens.

As I take my walk, I get this feeling that I will get lost. So, I took the safest path, the garden. I was amazed how big the place is and I have to say the efforts for taking care of these plants are worth the praise. My friend has this interest about plants and thought of becoming a botanist or something. She told me a lot about how hard it is to grow tulips. It can resist much sunlight but should be careful with watering them. It's a delicate flower but it's my favorite.

Along with the roses, I look around. I saw some Daisy and wild orchids, whoever takes care of them knows how to do it. I feel slightly tired of roaming around so when I saw the shade near the flowers, I decided to sit. I got my phone and took a picture and I'm amazed at how beautiful they we're. I took some pictures before taking it back to my pocket. I will post this on my blog later and share it with my friends. I'm taking my time too much.

I better go back.

Wait.

I paused for a minute when I realized I was being watched by those electric gray eyes.

Did he see it? Taking illegal pictures from the garden? Will he sue me for that?

He caught me looking at me. What is happening? Is he the owner of this garden? I better apologize.

I froze when he took his careful steps towards me. As his features became clear, I died. His jet black hair, gray powerful eyes and his presence emits power and prestige. His hands fisted, his jaw clenched while his muscles flexed as he walked. It's obvious how immense he is on his black shirt and pants. His shirt shows his well-built body. He looks dangerous and at the same time, sad. I can see right through his eyes that he's feeling down. Do I know him? He's like a character straight out from heaven. For god's sake why is he coming closer and closer?

"Mine.", I heard him growl.