Chapter 9

AUTHOR'S NOTE-

I think I should stop this story. Because I've just got an idea for another book. It's called 'Boyfriend Material!' Check it out? I've only got a chapter out but still!

Okay! It's officially decided.

I'm gonna stop updating until I'm certain someone is interested.

And I'm going to focus on 'Boyfriend Material'

XD

Anyways...SO LONG

See ya on 'Boyfriend Material'

Me and Adam sit besides each other, his arm thrown casually around my shoulder.

I noticed the gesture to be more than subtle but I don't complain.

'Has he been bothering you lately?' Adam asks, playing with my curls.

He's so sweet to ask. But it's not like me and Aspen hate each other. We hang out a lot and now I can successfully consider him a friend----almost.

I turn to him and smile,'No. He's not that bad you know'

Adam frowns,'Cher, he IS that bad'

I lean against him and smell the smoky scent of wood and grass. He smells like nature.

And I freeze. When I realize I'm snuggles against his neck. Only couples do that. Adam must feel something too because he looks down at me. And I gaze into his blue orbs.

Suddenly nothing else matters anymore. Or seems to exist. Except the moment we share now.

I really like Adam. I realize this now-as we sure into each others eyes.

And we don't move. We're as still as statues.

My heart skips a beat when Adam leans closer, my lips move apart and he gets close enough so our breaths mingle.

He's about to put his lips to mine when a shriek pierces the air,'ADAM!'

We pull apart and we watch a very angry girl trot towards us. As she gets closer, I realize she's the one Aspen had been flirting with.

Adan's girlfriend. Or ex-girlfriend.

'How could you do this to me?' She exclaims her eyes brimming with unshed tears.

'Do what Makayla?' Adam demands as he crosses his arms and states at her,'You broke up with me the moment you hung out with that Wood kid'

Makayla stampsher foot,'I didn't break up with you!'

'Then why were you flirting with him?'

'He was making a move on me!'

'Then you should've told me! Or moved away! But you didn't! And I saw you. All blushing and giggling! I was there Makayla!'

I wish to walk away. It was obviously a couples fight. Or ex-couples fight. It is none of my business.

But then Adam grabs my arm,'No. Don't leave' he says quietly.

I nod and he turns to Makayla who is glaring daggers at me.

'Leave us alone' Adam says coldly and I feel sorry, well almost, as she stomps her feet one last time then runs away wiping her Jose on her sleeve.

'I'm sorry' Adam whispers and his fingers slip into mine.

I shrug,'Its fine'

I wonder of he's planning to kiss me again. Before I can say anything, I catch a pair of hazel eyes watching us.

'I'll be back' I tell Adam and run towards Apsen.

........

'Hey' I gasp, finally catching up to him.

Hearing my voice, he stops and whirls around.

'Hey' he nods

Awkward silence. I'd come because I thought he wanted to tell me something.

I stand there silently, fidgeting under his intense stare.

'Were you going to kiss him?'

I'm shocked. Why did he ask me duh a question?

I answer carefully,'I think so'

He sighs then runs his fingers through his wavy hair.

'First kiss?'

I nod, blushing a bit.
'Then give it to someone worthwhile'

I glare at him,'Adam isn't worthwhile?'

Apsen grins,'I meant someone like me'

I cross my arms and laugh,'Yeah. That's gonna happen.'

He smiles,'Who knows? Maybe we're made to be?'

I faulted under his confident and intense smile.

'You're a womanizer' I tell him,'Why would I like you? My standards are higher'

He whistles then uncrosses his arms,'I like you Emily. Do you like me?'

I laugh nervously but maintains a calm composure say,'Asks Apsen Wood to the hundredth girl a hundred times in 16 years'

Apsen smiles a little,'Actually, only 3. Babies can't even talk. How can they flirt?'

I took my eyes,'Point taken'

Silence again.