Chapter 1 My hairbrush TOTALLY hates my hair

I run out of hairbrushes as fast as high school boys run out of girls to date. Well. Almost. I glanced at my second broken hairbrush in two weeks and scowled. Why did God give me curly hair? Why couldn't I have those shiny gorgeous locks the girls in my class have? I sighed and ran my fingers through my messy curls. Last day of school. Gotta go out with a bang. The last day is the only day I totally make an effort to look good. I ran to the dressing table, brought out a new lip gloss, applied it hastily and pushed it back inside.
I then proceeded to check in the mirror again, and then ran down the descending stairs where my mom is impatient waiting,her arms crossed but a smile plastered on her face.

'Well YOU certainly took your time!' Mom teased as I kissed her,'and look at you! You finally look like a decent human being'

She then smoothed my T-shirt while I admired her face. My mom is the best person in the world. And it's true. Everyone says it. That's why she has the worst luck in the world.

She fell in love with my dad,somewhere around high school. Went to the same college and when my dad popped the ring she threw all reason aside and said yes. And voila in an year I was born! And in 10 my father left me and my mom to fend for ourselves. And she bore it so well! She should've broken down, but she was so strong.

'Okay mom' I rolled my eyes,'I'm gonna be late.'
'Doesn't matter' she playfully tapped my forehead,' you look lovely though! Those jeans! Anyone special in class?'

And THERE goes my happy mood. I have no idea how to explain to my mom I have no intention of falling on love OR dating. I hate boys. I loathe all of them. The planet could be much better without these smelly monkeys.
The best I can do is tolerate them.

Immediately my mom realizesher mistake on seeing me frown and hurriedly says,' Well go on then! I have a surprise when you come back!'

'Okay' I try for a smile and jog over to the kitchen, grab a pancake and a few dollars and head out into the fresh spring air.

'Aghhhhh' A skating guy rushes past me, almost knocking me over.
'Hey!' I yell,'Whats up with...'
And then I really DO fall when another guy runs into me.

'Ugh' I groan pulling myself up,'Jerk!' I scowl at the two retreating figures,yelling and yooping like banshees.

'Hey Emily!'

I look around and see my friend's car parked across the street. I run over and fall onto the soft leather of the back seat.

'Hey!' I smile,'Whats up?'
Rose grinned. She was wearing make up. No. She. Didn't.
'What the hell' I speak softly as the car starts up. She rue around and her smile falter,'Do I look okay?'

When I don't answer she sighs,'Listen Em I know you don't like me wearing make up.'

Actually I hate it. Make up is so FAKE. Be yourself. So girlish and so WRONG, I have nothing very bad against it. I just didn't like the intentions with which girl wear it. To impress guys. Most of them do so for this sole reason.

And Rose didn't either. Until she met Max Larry who flirted with her his first day. Now that they're official she never misses the chance to dress pretty. Boyfriends do change you.

'No they don't' rose said.

Oops. I'd said the last part aloud.

'Yeah?' I demand,' look at you!'

She looks back at me and I observe her. Red bright lips. Long lashes. Blush on both cheeks. Braided hair.

'If Max is the one for you, he wouldn't ask you to change'

Rose rolls her eyes,'you don't understand'

'I do!'

'No! You don't! Look I know he likes me! I just want him to....'
Her face screwed up as she thinks of a way to explain,'never mind. Your time will come and you'll understand'

'I hope it doesn't' I mutter as the bright red building of school looms over, a crowd of students rushing around.

Rose turns around and smiles,'You'll see'

And her tone was so foreboding I shivered a little.

AUTHOR'S GREETINGS!

Haha how was it? It's just the beginning! I don't have an awful lot of time to write but I'll update every two days or so! Please comment! It'll mean so much! And whoever is my first reader well I LOVE YOU! Haha comment please! First time writing a book! 😂😭😭😭