Chapter 8

AUTHOR'S NOTE: A shout out to @tranquilstars for being the first individual to leave a comment :) Thank you so much for the criticisms. It's highly appreciated.
❤❤❤❤ So I dedicate this chapter to u
Also I reached 90 reads! Which is kinda a lot to me as I'm a novice in the noble art of writing XD
'Nough rambling

---------------
The next few days pass grudgingly slow. Every morning, I take a shower and head down to the Mess where I devour my daily muffin and a glass of orange juice and then proceed to the daily activities.

The best part of the day? When I can finally relax and be myself. With Adam. He's such a sweet guy.

Once, the first time, me Aspen and the kids wet swimming, I slipped and fell into the pool-still in my uniform.

And I'm not a good swimmer. I thrashed and choked until finally someone wrapped his arms around me and brought me to shore. That someone was Adam.
Aspen was too busy making eyes at one of the counsellors which he totally denies.

He even lent me his towel, and walked me to the cabin to change. Normally I don't like guys touching me. But it feels okay with Adam. Friendly. And he isn't like the guys I know.

So, there we were, like we normally did, meeting up where we first met and then walking nearer to the woods. While the sun set into the horizon.

'....and Mr.Sawyer was like: Sander, did you put the fake mouse in my desk?' Adam tries to explain as I double over laughing' and I had such a hard time keeping a straight face! So he knelt to look further into the desk an his butt was poking out in clear sight. And guess what happened?'

He looks at me while I giggle hard

'Someone kicked him on the butt?'

He gives a laugh and shakes his head 'That would've been funny though.'

As we walk, I notice Aspen as he casually walks towards us, his hands in his jeans.

I can see Adam tense. He clenches his teeth and I can see that he has closed his hands into fists.

'Leave him' I whisper to Adam.

But leaving HIM wasn't a problem.

We both stop as Aspen reaches us. His hair sticks up in messy curls and his eyes glitter with mischief. And oh god he's hot.

Hotter than any guy I've ever seen.

'Like what you see?' He smirks, catching me staring.

I roll my eyes and look away 'what do you want?'

'You' he replies, winking at me.

'Stop flirting with her' Adam says quietly and I'm surprised.

I doubt that's what it was. Flirting I mean. We both don't like each other. Okay, so that's not true.
I don't hate him exactly. I just tolerate him. But still. It's not like we're enemies.

'Why? You're her boyfriend?'

Before Adam can answer, I loop my arm into his and smile sweetly at Aspen.

'Yes' I say leaning my head against his.

I feel a smirk as I see a scowl cloud his face.
Lemme get it out of my system. He looks hot when he's mad.

'Yeah?' He demands.
I smile and lift my hand to run it through my hair.

'Has he even kissed you?'

'SHUT UP' Adam growls,' Who do you think you are, stealing people's girlfriends?'

To this, Apsen laughs'Dude, she came onto me. I tried to tell her I wasn't jealous but did she listen? No. Not my fault she's a stupid-'

And before I can do anything, Adam's fist meets Apsen's face sending him flying back.

And then they're both rolling on the floor, cursing each other as I try to detach them.

'Hey!' I yell at the far off figures, who notice the fight and run towards us.

I don't know their names but I've seen them before.

'Stop' the first guy orders, wrestling the struggling Adam while his friend grabs Apsen and grips him firmly.

'WHAT THE HELL!' The guy with copper hair roars,'Are you two idiots? I'm SO telling the Manager!'

'That idiot punched me in the-'

'He started it! He insulted my-'

And I slap them both.

'I don't care!' I snap 'You're both in deep trouble'

Sure enough, the pudgy man trots towards us, wearing the same sun hat. His trousers must've been loose because he kept trying to pull them up.

'You' he points sternly at the two guys 'I don't care what the fight was about. I don't care. Okay? Next time, I'm sending you home.'

Adam and Apsen look down while the Manager scolds them. I feel an urge to laugh. The Manager is shorter than both of them, oh Lord.

I glance at Adam and smirk. He only sticks out his tongue.