Chapter 15: Heartbreak

APHMAU'S POV

"...we are gathered today to celebrate the life of the most loyal of guards. One who always stood for peace and justice. A friend to all, and defender of the innocent... anyone who would like to say a few words is welcome to do so." Dante stepped from the stand, hanging his head.

We were at Laurance's funeral. Cadenza suggested we put his gravestone next to Ungrth's. "It's what he would have wanted," she had said tearfully.

I don't know what it was, but I had a feeling. Laurance wasn't dead. He couldn't be dead. I squeezed the tears from my eyes and stood up.

"Aphmau Senpai~ are you okay?" Kawaii~Chan whispered gently.

"He isn't dead." I said through gritted teeth.

"Say again?" Logan said.

"He isn't dead!" I yelled. "He can't be not after everything, HE CAN'T BE DEAD!!!"

"Aphmau..." Cadenza put her hand on my shoulder.

"NO!" I pulled away, "HE'S NOT DEAD." And I ran, into Phoenix Drop, past the market, and up the cliff to the statue of Lady Irene. I collapsed on the edge and began sobbing.

"Irene. Oh, Irene, please, don't let Laurance be dead... don't let him leave..."

Later...

"Aphmau. I know how you feel, at least, a little bit. I'm his sister and I've never loved anyone, at least not romantically, but... both of us loved him in our own way." Cadenza said to me while hugging me. I was in Levin and Malachi's house, on the couch in front of the fireplace.

"It's just... I was so stupid... why didn't I tell him..."

"Tell him what?" Cadenza drew away, looking puzzled.

"Cadenza... I hope this isn't weird to say to you, especially because you are...were his sister, but in the Nether, I realized how I felt about Laurance. This whole time I've been pushing him away, but all I want now is to see him again and tell him... I love him..." My lip trembled.

"Oh. Oh, darling Aphmau." Her eyes grew sad. "I just wish Laurance were here to hear that."

"Aphmau." I looked up and saw Vincent leaning in the corner. "Now may not be the best time, especially after losing the one you love, but I know how to get Garroth back."

HEY EVERYONE~

Shortest chapter yet, I think. I have 3 tests tomorrow though and I have to get to bed, but now that I don't have a job I'll write the next chapter tomorrow! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Ciao~ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))