Chapter 3: Vylad and Aaron

APHMAU'S POV

Like Chad had said, Vylad and Aaron were by the campfire when I finally got to our little tent-house area. "We should really work on our village and housing," I thought.

"Hey." Aaron greeted me.

"Hey." I smiled. It was good to see him, Aaron is a good friend.

"Where are Katelyn, Lucinda, Travis and Laurance? I'm not worried about Chad. He's probably chasing butterflies...again." Vylad asked me with a piercing gaze. "Probably true," I thought. "The crazy genius."

"They're just on the shore. Katelyn and Lucinda are arguing about Travis who's getting Laurance, he wasn't feeling well." I giggled at the thought.

"Hm. Well, Aphmau, I've been looking around the island and I found something you should see. Follow me," Aaron turned and walked away.

"Um, okay," This was interesting. What could Aaron have founds? Vylad, stay back and wait for the others, will you?" I asked him.

He nodded.

Later:

"Aaron, how far is this place? It's getting dark. And cold." I shivered. Probably should have put on warmer clothing, I've been on this island long enough to know the nights are cold.

"Not far now. You need to see this." He insisted.

After a few minutes of walking we stepped into the clearing and I couldn't refrain from gasping, "W-what is this place?" Just the sight of it reminded me of Phoenix Drop after the Irene Dimension. Nature had taken its toll.

"I don't know. Some sort of former village, maybe. Look, you can see the roof of a house over there and what looks like a collapsed fireplace." He kicked a small statuette. It looked familiar, somehow, but I couldn't place it.

"Interesting. We'll take a look around tomorrow. Come, let's go back. It's getting late." I shivered again.

"You're right," Aaron turned and walked off. I looked back at the strangely familiar statue then followed suit.

BPIoyZ

Thank you so much for reading this part! Sorry it's so short  (*⌒∇⌒*)