Chapter 5: To Meteli

APHMAU'S POV

"Meteli is straight ahead," Travis said grimly.

"That's great news, Travis... Laurance, are you okay?" I looked over at Laurance... I was worried about him. He was staring at the shoreline with desperation in his eyes.

"F-fine, I just want to get there as soon as possible."

"We're docking now," Travis announced.

We stepped off the boat and saw pieces of clothes and abandoned boats, almost as if people trying to escape were stopped in the process.

"This is...not good," Katelyn said.

"Let's head inland. We need to get to New Meteli as soon as possible," Laurance said through gritted teeth.

"R-right, let's go," I said, beginning to head inland.

We only walked for a few minutes before the ruins of old Meteli came into view. I was looking around when I heard a sound from the bushes.

"What was that??" I turned my head only to see a chicken pop out of behind the ruins of a house.

"Timberley? Where are you go- OH, it's you, the terrible chicken house bui- I mean, Afskerdafmau. Where is Laurance and his stupid face??"

"No... oh no...." "This can't actually be happening," I thought to myself, "this is too important..."

"Castor. There is no time for this." Laurance said impatiently.

"Oh, Laurance, stupid, stupid Laurance. You need to calm down. Waaait, who are these people that you have brought with you? If they are with the horse shaman, me and my people will have to ask you to leave." Castor looked suspiciously at Katelyn, Travis and Aaron.

"Chicken shaman, don't worry, they're friends of us, they're not with the horse shaman," I reassured him and gave him a fake smile, but then remembered what we were here for. "Castor, can you tell us if anything happened to Meteli? Did any... I don't know... shadowy things attack?"

"OH, yes, I remember them and their stupid faces. Me and my people saw them near the city and we didn't go a-a-a-nywhere near it. My people depend on me for their safety."

"Castor...please... can you take us to where you saw them?" Laurance pleaded

"Yes, Laurance, follow me- KIMBERLEY, don't go near them." His voice dropped to a whisper, "we don't know if they're with the horse shaman." As soon as he finished lecturing Kimberley, he sped off toward New Meteli.

Luckily, New Meteli isn't too far from old Meteli. It only took us a few minutes to walk, but what we saw wasn't good. The city was completely abandoned. There was no sound, no people... nothing. "What... w-we need to find the people." I said panicking.

"No...no...NO," Laurance banged his fist on a tree.

I took a look around and saw that the Chicken Shaman must have left somewhere along the way. "Where could they be?" I asked. "There aren't exactly many places to hide an entire village.

"Aphmau... before we do anything we have to take a look around the scene first. See what we can find, okay?" Travis said consolingly.

By the time I had nodded to Travis Laurance had already ran to the village streets and was heading straight to Cadenza's house.

"Laurance, wait up!" I cried racing after him.

He stopped for a few seconds to allow us to catch up and we all entered her house together. All was silent, the only noise was the creak of the floor beneath us. Laurance wordlessly walked into her room while the rest of us stayed beside the entrance taking a look around. The most peculiar thing was, no damage was done to any of the buildings. The only thing missing was... people.

"W-what...no..." Laurance's voice carried throughout the house.

LAURANCE'S POV

All I could do was stare at the little piece of paper in my hands. I couldn't lose Cadenza, she was like a sister to me. I looked over the words again: 'Shadow souls invaded, too many to count. Guards overpowered and people taken east. Must avoid at all costs, can't let them catch me. Laurance, Aphmau, if you find th-" the rest of the note was just a line of ink down the page as if she had run from something in the middle of a sentence.

"I...I Aphmau. We need to find her," I heard my voice crack.

"Yes. We do... east though... isn't that... the werewolf village? Oh... oh no..."

"No... oh no, no, no." I thought "The Nether portal," I realized, "Cadenza..."

"We have to find her. Now. We can't let them get Cadenza." Aphmau said, determined. I looked over and saw in her eyes her anger. I felt the same way, but I couldn't show it. She needed me. I looked at her long black hair, "she really is beautiful. Beautiful, strong... no, I can't think about that. We need to find Cadenza," I shook my head to rid my thoughts.

"So I assume you heard everything?" I heard Aphmau say. I looked over and saw her facing the rest of our group, standing at the doorway.

"Yes." Katelyn nodded.

"Then I don't have to explain. Laurance, everyone, we're heading to the werewolf village."

APHMAU'S POV

The shadow souls were not going to push us around anymore. How dare they do this to Laurance. "I will not let them touch him, Cadenza, or anyone important to me ever again," I thought to myself darkly. "I will end them."

We wordlessly exited the house, and with Laurance in the lead, a fire burning in his eyes, marched toward the werewolf village.

Thank you so, so much for reading this part! Sorry it was a bit long ヾ(。・ω・)シ