Chapter 6: Where do we stand!

A few months had passed and Zay and Malik were in their second semester of their freshman year. Zay joined the fraternity his man was in. And, Malik was the quarterback  of longhorn's university football team. They would sometimes pass by each other and just give each other a heads up gesture. But, besides that they just kept it moving.

   Zay and his boyfriend going on 4 months now they were grabbing some Starbucks. And they set down.
" so how do you like being in the fraternity?" Bryson asked him, holding his hand.

" it's nice, I like feeling like a brotherhood." Zay said, smiling At Bryson, and sipping his caramel frappe.

As they were sipping their Starbucks. Zay saw Malik walking in, ordering something. Malik didn't pay attention to them. But, zay just needed to talk to Malik.
" hey, babe I'll be right back!" Zay said, as he unlocked his fingers from Bryson and walked over to where Malik was, but was acting like he was in line. He poked his shoulder.

" huh! Oh... Hey!" Malik said, looking unbothered.

" Hey, Malik.. How you been?" Zay asked, hoping to get a conversation out of him.

" I'm good." Malik said, looking at what he wanted to order on the menu.

" that's good.. So, how's the football team coming?" Zay asked.

" cool!" Malik said.

Zay just left and went back to Bryson. He just hated that Malik was being cold. But, he couldn't blame him. 2 years ago he kissed another guy in front of Malik and broke his heart. So, why should he be forgiven. He thought.

" hey, babe.. You good?" Bryson asked, looking worried for Zay. He could tell something was heavy on his mind.

" I'm okay, just wanted to see how a friend of mine was doing!" Zay said, sipping his cold coffee now. He threw it away, and just took Bryson by the hand and they walked out.

Malik looked at them and thought for a minute on how things were between him and Zay, but just decided to forget it. How could he forgive him, but still have feelings for him. He just went back to ordering a coffee and took a seat. Wondering what could've been.