"We were working until five in the morning." he grumbles, sitting up. "I woke up around seven and saw Charlotte doing some pack work, I had to tell her that the pup needs her to rest before she finally quit fighting."

"Damn." I mutter, noticing the bags under both of their eyes. "I didn't get any leads either. It's too risky to attack the hideout unless we just greatly outnumber them."

"We're not going to attack. Charlotte said that there are mines surrounding the area, too many lives will be lost if the go off." he informs me. "The rogues will attack us and that's when we'll take them out. Security has already been tripled, warriors are being sent to assist, and we've already changed the schedule and routes so the traitors can't catch us off-guard."

"Was all of that your idea of Char's?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Xander's a good leader and all, but he isn't really good with generating ideas or paying attention to the big things that are disguised as small things.

"Charlotte's."

"Do you want me to discuss the new routes with border patrol?" I ask, picking up the thick binder labeled, 'Piani di frontiera'. I'm not too sure why Charlotte wrote it in Italian, but I can easily explain it to the other wolves later on.

"Yeah, you can take the day off afterwards too. You've been working your ass off this past week."

*** (two hours later)

Xander's Pov

"I don't think this is safe." Charlotte says, looking at the gun and the target forty feet away.

"I don't think so either." I agree with her, taking the gun of out her hands and unloading it in case of an accident. Since the rogues are going to be coming to us, Charlotte has to be able to defend herself if they manage to get past the borders. I told her that she would be by guards, warriors, Brody, and I, but she insisted that she learned some self-defense.

"That knife is too sharp." I stop her from picking up a switchblade.

"I know how to use it." she tells me, picking it up anyways.

"When did you use a switchblade?" I ask, trying to think of a situation where she would ever need to use one.

"Well..." she trails off, looking down at her hands. "One time I got l-locked down here, so I had to pick the lock. And then another t-time, I was cleaning and I saw a bug-"

"You killed a bug with a switchblade?" I cut her off with a laugh. Whenever we're together, we just hang out; I have no idea what she does when she's alone.

"Stop laughing." she pouts. "At least I didn't freak out over eyelashes."

Flashback (before Charlotte was pregnant)

"I don't like the way these guys are looking at you." I growl, sending death glares to a group of human boys smiling at my mate. Some of them back off when they realize that she's with me, but the others keep smiling. One of them even has the nerve to wink!

"I actually think that it's funny." Charlotte comments, reaching across the table to hold my hand. She can't see the boys because her back is turned to them, but I know she knows they're there. Standing up and walking to sit next to me, she looks at the group of idiots that I'm currently growling at.