25

Harry's POV

Later that afternoon when I was leaving work, I found it hard to see because of the tears that stayed puddled in my eyes. I sniffled, wiping a fallen tear. Today wasn't supposed to be like this at all. If you would have asked me at 5:30 this morning if I thought I was going to lose Niall, I would have simply laughed in your face.

But here I am: without Niall and without happiness. As soon as I pulled my car into my garage, I spotted Niall's car. He left it here because he felt like it was too expensive for him to keep at home. Apparently, Bobby Horan can be a clumsy driver. I chuckled at the thought, pretending it didn't hurt that I had already begun the reflection stage of a break up. (If you can even call it that because we never made it official.)

Sighing, I got out of my car and closed the garage door, entering my house that seemed a little bit more larger.

"Harry, you look terrible," Catherine immediately spotted my presence and stopped mopping the hardwood floor. "Can I get you something to drink? Water? Tea?"

"Please," my voice croaked. "Leave, Catherine. I no longer want you working for me. As of now, you are fired."

She gasped, dropping the mop with a loud echo. "Mr. Styles! Give me another chance. I swear you won't even notice I'm here! Please, I beg of you."

"Leave," I demanded. "I'm not going to ask you again. You can live in the house beside me for one more week to gather your things, but after that, I'm selling it. I want nothing to do with you."

"But, you know I can't afford that! Not with my salary and all," her eyes were glossy and filled with sadness. I looked away.

"I'll buy you another house if you leave right now, Catherine. I'm sorry it had to be this way. And, if any paps ask you anything, you won't say a word. Understand?" I questioned. She nodded quickly, then quickly finished her job and left.

I felt terrible. Terrible for firing Catherine, terrible for not putting up a bigger effort to win Niall back, terrible for not confessing my feelings for him sooner. Everything appeared as if it would just all go downhill from now.

Tears were quickly flowing down my cheeks, but it had been going on for so long that I didn't pay attention to it anymore. It didn't feel like anything anymore.

Niall's POV

"Why are you home so early?" was how my mother greeted me when I walked through our front door. My father was at work, so it gave me comfort knowing I'd be able to speak with her in private about Harry. "Darling, are you crying?"

I nodded my head and wiped a fallen tear. She cooed and then opened her arms out wide for me, signaling that I should embrace her with a hug.

"It hurts, mum," I whispered. "So bad." She rubbed large circles into my back with her tiny hands. I cried into her shoulder.

"Tell me what happened," she spoke. "I'll finish these dishes later." I followed her into the dining room and sat myself across from her. "Was it Harry?"

I slowly nodded. "Yeah, I-I.." Pausing, I took a deep breath, trying hard not to face the reality of it all. "I broke up with him."

My parents never liked Harry. They never took a liking to him from the day I first brought him home, and that's never changed. It was surprising to see that she held a sad expression on her face whenever I told her that I had called things off. Not that I expected some sort of a rejoice.

"Why?" She questioned, placing her hand under her chin. "Did he do something to hurt you, dear? Was it physical abuse? I can call-"

"No," I blurted. "He wouldn't hurt me. Well, not like that. That's not the kind of person he is," More tears fell. "He hurt me emotionally because he kissed his housekeeper. And, he tried to tell me that she made the move, but it was almost like he didn't even attempt to move away from her! I saw the pictures."

"And you're sure he did this on purpose? That he genuinely wanted to kiss her back whether she made the first move or not?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Are you trying to take up for him? Be on his side? Make me feel bad?" I yelled. "You never even liked him, anyway!"

"Niall, stop that," she yelled back. "No, I'm not taking his side. What on earth are you talking about? I just want to give you something to think about. It was stupid of you to call things off so quickly. You sound like you don't know all of the facts in this situation.

"No, I'm not a fan of the lad, but you were. That's all that matters. I want you happy, don't worry about who I do and don't care for."

My throat grew dry, and I allowed more tears to fall down my face. "I know he wanted to kiss her," I cried. "I know this because when I called him, he didn't try to win me back. Not like he usually would."

A/N: This update is LONG overdue, my friends! I apologize for it being somewhat short. Anyways, how have you guys been?

I have some awesome news for you all!!! I have 3 books planned for this account in the future, and let me tell you, I am SOOO excited for them! I'm not even kidding. More details will come later.

Tell me you opinions about this chapter here!