14

Author's Note: I thought you all might need a visual to go along with Harry's office, so I added a picture of how I picture it (for the most part) on the side.

Just, place a desk with a clear top in front of the couch. There are also other things like a mini fridge, but you can just be creative!

Thanks to Louis for following @foodporn on Instagram because that's how I found it hahah.

(unedited)

Niall's POV (my pov's really don't go in any order, sorry)

Is there a way that I can say yes and no at the same time? My mother would literally shit herself if I go out with Harry again. As much as I want to, I don't think that I can. It'd be sort of stupid of me to do so. But God, I really want to.

"It's okay if you don't want to," he spoke after a long period of silence. "I just thought that you might enjoy it. Perhaps, it was stupid of me to ask, considering the situation you're in. I was just expecting to apologise to your mum, get her happy, then take you for a ride."

I sighed. "I wish it were that easy to make my mother happy nowadays. I swear she's acting more and more homophobic everyday."

"But, isn't your older brother gay, as well?" Harry questioned. "He's married to some bloke in Ireland, yeah? You left him there while you all moved here.. To help pay for your university."

I nodded. "Yeah, but Greg's husband is a doctor.. He graduated as a valedictorian, he is a family man, he hit it off with my mother, and he is simply perfect in her eyes. You, on the other hand, I think you are all of those things, but my mother doesn't. It's different.

"You are many years ahead of me, and she sees that as a bad thing. She's aware of what we do, I know she is. Why else would she be so against this? I.. She doesn't like me getting mixed in with people like you."

"I understand," he sighed. "I want her to see me that way, baby. I'm not all that good for you, yes, but I'm not all that bad either. She shouldn't be so controlling over you.."

All of sudden, Harry's face broke out into a grin. Like he had just thought up the most brilliant idea in the world.

"Stay with me at my house," he blurted. "Then, you wouldn't have to live under her rules. I'll take care of you, pay for the rest of your years at the university."

"Harry, no, I can't let you do that for me. You already buy me enough as it is. Plus, it's really expensive-"

"Niall, look at me," Harry tilted my chin up and gazed down at me. I found it to be hard to look away even if I wanted to. "Don't worry about the money. I have it. It's no trouble at all. Promise me you'll think about it."

I let out a breath. "Okay, I promise." I only said that because it'd make him happy. I know, and I'm sure he knows, that my parents won't be too keen on this idea when they hate the thought of us even going to dinner together.

I bit my lip before speaking again. "But, if I did agree with your suggestion, the media would be all over you. Have you seen the articles? They're terrible. Just wait until everyone at my campus sees them."

"Yes, but we wouldn't let that get to us. Who are they to suggest bullshit like that? As long as we know it isn't true, we'll be fine. Who cares what they think they know?" Harry spoke. "Niall, you need to stop worrying. It isn't good for you, love. I just want you to be okay, and you can't be if you keep worrying."

"It's a bad habit," I shrugged. "I only worry because I care about this. I worry about how this will effect your career."

"Babe, I'll be fine. Now, stop worrying, okay?" He suggested. I nodded.

"Good!" He cupped my cheeks and pulled me in for a deep kiss that had my head spinning and my stomach fluttering. Sometimes, I don't think he knows how romantic his actions feel. "So.. How about that ride?"

"I don't know. I don't think my parents will let me, especially not now. How about another time?" I asked. As much as I wanted to be holding onto his muscular body as a breeze cooled my face, I knew the chance that I'd be able to was slim. That is if there even is one.

"Damn, okay, baby. I should've known things don't go as plan when angry Maura is involved. Make sure to tell her that I think she is a very lovely woman, though," he smirked. "I need to see you at my place soon, Niall. I've got something for you."

"Is Sunday okay? Zayn and I are spending the day together tomorrow, so I won't be free."

"Sunday is perfect. Until then, Horan," Harry smiled and walked up to me, leaving me to stare up at his towering frame. "Be prepared. I think you'll love it."

I nodded and felt him lean down to capture my lips in one last kiss before I watched him grab his helmet and drive away. I let out a deep breath, then walked inside.

My mother looked surprised to see that I actually returned. Her face was red, so I knew she had been yelling. My father had his arms around her in an attempt to calm her down. I doubt that worked, honestly.

"Niall-" she began, but I cut her off as I held up my pointer finger.

"No, I don't want to hear it. We didn't do anything, we didn't go anywhere.. There is no need for you to get all worked up over something that didn't happen."

My mum huffed. "You did something. Why else would it have taken so long for you to return?"

"Maybe because we were talking about some things. He was coming to apologise. There was no point in you yelling about his presence in here, mum!" I shouted.

"You sound like the parent of the house, Niall. You aren't! You need to respect me!" My mother yelled back.

"Respect? Ha, I've tried! You just won't listen to me long enough to understand that it's hard to respect a person who doesn't respect you. Harry is right, you are too controlling."

"Harry told you that? Sounds to me like he wants to steal you from me. That's what he's been wanting to do from the start, and it looks like he's winning."

"So what if he is? It'd be way better than living in this damn house with you!" I ran upstairs, my chest and heart pounding in a rapid pace.

Why do we have to be like this? Why can't she understand me? Why won't she listen?