Trying to keep himself calm, he followed Bennett out of the manor and to the front gate. Human servants were already unloading the bags from the carriage while the coachman had gone to open the door. He didn't recognize the woman who had stepped out, but her plain clothes told her it was a maid.

Then the woman turned and helped the princess out of the carriage. He swallowed at the sight of her. Despite how much time had passed from their first meeting, he still found her so beautiful. Her deep blue eyes, her brown curly hair that perfectly framed her face, her soft ivory skin - she was so beautiful that it took all of his willpower not to blush.

Though, hearing his father chuckle beside him had his embarrassment turn to anger. He glared at him from the corner of his eyes, balling his hands into fists. "What?" he growled through gritted teeth.

"I just find it funny that Etimid's famous warrior prince is nervous about seeing a girl half his size."

Brandon's temper flared as he turned fully to face his father. But just as he opened his mouth, he heard a crunch in the snow. He turned back to see the maid and Theresa walking toward them. The young princess didn't smile and judging by her eyes bouncing around everywhere, she was obviously anxious. He also noticed that her maid was walking beside her, and she was pinching a corner of her cloak tightly. Her anxiety only grew more obvious when she noticed Bennett standing next to him.

He swallowed and kept his face neutral, despite internally panicking. Soon, the two women stepped up in front of him and his father and curtsied. In turn, he and Bennett bowed before raising their heads.

Of course, Bennet greeted them with a warm smile. "Welcome, Princess Theresa. It is wonderful to meet you. I hope your journey wasn't too long."

"It-It's a pleasure to meet you as well," she stammered. Her voice wasn't as steady as the first time they had met. "I did not realize I would be meeting you so soon, Your Majesty. Otherwise, I would have..."

But he waved his hand to her. "No need to fret, my dear. I only decided to come last minute as I was eager to meet my son's bride." Then his eyes flickered to the maid standing next to her, who had taken a few steps back to allow the royals to speak. "Now who might you be?"

The maid's cool expression didn't change, despite being addressed directly. And she didn't even look nervous. Instead, she just gave another polite curtsied. "My name is Sophia, Your Majesty. I am the princess's maid; she asked me to join her and I happily agreed."

Bennett nodded as he looked over her once more. She was an incredibly attractive woman. Her long black hair was tied up and braided behind her back, her porcelain skin looking ageless while her dark gray eyes glowed in the sunlight. If he were being honest with himself, she was easily one of the most gorgeous people he had ever seen. He might have mistaken her for the princess if it weren't for her commoner clothes.

A much cheekier grin came to his face. "A pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman."

"You flatter me, Your Majesty." Though her tone indicated that she wasn't impressed by his antics. This had not been the first time she had been complimented for her looks, though it was the first time a giant had done so.

Bennet chuckled before glancing over at Brandon. If looks could kill, he would have been six feet under by now. Wanting to live, he gestured towards the entrance to the manor. "Let's head inside. It's best we don't stay out here in the cold like this."

The two humans nodded and followed him and Brandon inside. As they entered the main hall, two servants - a human and a giant - arrived to take their coats. Brandon and Bennett handed theirs to the giant while Sophia helped Theresa out of her coat before handing it to the servant.