XX

Dressing Up

Three days later, it was finally my sixteenth birthday. A banquet was going to be held today and I quickly had my helpers dress me so that I could have a quick look around. I had been dressed in very fine garments much to my opposition. But my father argued that it was unbecoming for his only daughter to wear such shabby clothes during her birthday.

I quickly relented. 

I had a final say to my hairstyle though.

I decided to go with a simple braid (since my hair was messy as always despite my many attempts in taming it down) and had a flower hair clip placed on it. It was simple yet elegant and my handmaidens wore happy smiles on their faces once we were done.

"Okay, you're ready now." They said and then pushed me out my room. I sighed at their odd excitement and decided to head to where the banquet would be located.

Once I arrived, father began to weep in happiness. He was proud that I had become so beautiful apparently. You're kind of embarrassing me but I guess I'll let it slide since it's a happy occasion, I thought.

People started greeting me left and right. Politely, I thanked them even if I had no wish to actually talk to them at the moment.

It was then I spotted Soo-Won entering the banquet hall. Sadly, Hak was nowhere to be seen.

Eh? Why did I think about Hak for a second there?