Chapter 26

Chapter 26 : THE PLAN TO CATCH A THIEF

Victoria's POV

Today was Wednesday which means that today my parents are coming back. I'm thrilled to have them back but I wish I could have caught the White Hawk before they came back.

There was still excitement in my veins because before I went to sleep last night after the Shadow left, Jaydan called. He called just to say goodnight and I was freaking out. I still can't believe he is mine. And yes I did tell Gracie and Leila yesterday and they freaked just like me.

I was still lying in bed thinking about how lucky I was to have a guy like Jaydan as my boyfriend when my Bluetooth radio device started to beep.

I quickly answered, "Shadow what's up?"

"Victoria we've got a problem." He says and I feel my heart beat starting to thump louder.

"What's the problem?"

"The White Hawk wants to rob a bank and create a hostage situation, he wants me to lead the group." He says.

"And what did you say?" I ask.

"Yes of course, what else could I say? If I said no he would suspect something isn't right, I mean what thief says no to a bank full of money?"

"Yeah you're right. We don't want him to suspect anything." I say.

"That's why I called, I think it is time to tell your father the truth." He says.

"What? No, this is my case and I'm going to catch this guy without his help. I'm going to show him what I'm made of." I say.

"Victoria how are you going to stop a bank robbery?" He asks.

"By calling, when is it?" I ask.

"Friday."

"Okay, I'm going to call the police Friday morning and say that I'm part of the White Hawk's gang and that he is planning to rob the bank today and creating a hostage situation. I'll tell them that I wanted to pull out but the White Hawk threatened me. And so I decided to call the police to stop him before he can hurt anyone. And you just make sure you have a good escape plan ready so that you don't get caught." I explain.

"Victoria-"

"No, don't Victoria me Shadow, you owe me this. I could have handed you over to my dad and proved myself to him but instead I decided to hear you out. So now you're going to hear me out and help me." I state.

"Okay I'll do this for you, we are going to rob the bank at twelve o'clock, be sure to call the police before then. And don't worry I already started with my escape plan. And remember to tell them that they should be careful because the White Hawk is very smart." He says.

"Don't worry about it I've got it covered, just make sure the White Hawk goes to the bank." I say. Then all of the sudden my cellphone starts to ring.

"Shadow I've got to go, talk to you soon and please be careful." I say.

"Roger that." He says before he disconnects and I answer my phone.

"Hello?" I say.

"Morning beautiful." I hear Jaydan's voice and my heart immediately skips a beat.

"Hey Jay, how are you?" I ask.

"Great because I have the most beautiful girl in the world as my girlfriend."

"Oh really you should introduce me sometime." I say as I play along.

"Yeah I will, what are you doing?" He asks.