"Hayden," Rowan waited until he had his cousin's full attention, "Enough." Letting the full weight of his power and dominance ring through the command Rowan held Hayden's stare until the younger wolf dropped his eyes, his neck bearing in submission.

Dinner after that was a tense affair; Hayden glared at Izzy who seemed to shrink more and more as the meal dragged on, Olivia glared at Hayden, and Rowan was forced to continue to play referee while constantly having his attention pulled back to the silent girl, for some reason his wolf grew more agitated and upset at his cousin's continued hateful stares, and low growls. Alpha Vance and the rest of the Silva pack spent the meal trying to ease the simmering emotions while simultaneously avoiding becoming entangled in the Royal Court brawl that was threatening to erupt on their dining room table.

When the plates were at last starting to be cleared away, Rowan cleared his throat, tearing his eyes from Izzy and the plate of food she had barely touched. I shouldn't care if she ate or didn't, if she isn't hungry that isn't my concern. Rowan repeated to himself, trying to convince himself, and his wolf, resisting the urge to reach out for her mind to assure himself that she was well. She isn't my concern.

"Alpha perhaps we may now retire to your study, we have business to conclude." Rowan said offhandedly, his head nodding to where Izzy sat with her shoulders hunched, blatantly ignoring the strange urge to try and ease her obvious distress. Not my concern.

"Of course Rowan." Vance said, pecking his mate gently on the cheek before smiling at his daughters tenderly. "Tucker. Ryan. Kevin." He said, standing with Rowan.

"Bring the girl." Rowan ordered, before turning to follow Vance out of the room, his guardians and court falling in behind him.

The silence stretched out as they filed into the wood paneled room, Rowan lead the way, sitting in one of the matching armchairs opposite the dominating desk in the center with the surface polished to a shine, nudging his chin in the direction of the large high backed chair behind it for Vance to take.

Noah and Isaac as expected took up positions behind him.

After shutting the heavy doors behind the last of their group Austin leaned back against them, his eyes weary as he carefully watched the room, his gaze constantly moving to make sure he kept Izzy in his sights.

Rowan watched as Olivia guided the girl past him towards the sofa at the back of the room, suppressing an eye roll as her elbow 'accidently' caught a glaring Hayden in the ribs, in a not very friendly jab that had him expelling a breath of air on a 'oomph'.

Once everyone was settled, Rowan spoke his voice level and calm, using what his mother affectionately called his 'Prince' tone. Though lately it wasn't just reserved for state business, more and more it seemed the only one he had anymore, cold and devoid of emotion. It suited him now, Rowan thought, It's what I am. Cold and without a heart. Shaking off the morbid and useless thoughts he focused on the task at hand. "Alpha Vance, I have taken into your consideration your appeal and after talking to the accused -"

Rowan resisted the urge to turn and look at her, he could feel her gaze on him, could smell her nervousness and fear in the air. She thinks I'm going to go back on my word, that I lied. She doesn't trust me. The realization hit like a silver bullet, embedding itself in his chest, radiating out until it filled him. Hurt and pain flared as the thought took root, his wolf whimpering in his mind. He felt his Guardians shifting behind him as they sensed his emotions spike. I shouldn't care if she doesn't trust me, Rowan thought, trying to convince himself that she had no reason too anyway, and that either way he shouldn't care. She's just some human and not my concern.