FOUR

Locking the door behind him, Nathan tried to relax his anger

Locking the door behind him, Nathan tried to relax his anger. He hated that she didn't want to be here. That she wanted to return to her tiny apartment when here with him was better for her. Even to that dingy dorm in California she'd been going to tomorrow.

She had no idea everything he was willing do for her. Even keeping the monster inside of him caged so she could settle in. If Nathan had his way, he would be ripping open her milky thighs and fucking her until she realized she was his.

But no—he was trying to do it right this time. He couldn't lose control. Not with her.

Breathing heavily through his nose, he knew he couldn't be angry with her. She didn't understand yet, but she would. It would only be a matter of time before she would grow to love him naturally. He was patient. He just hoped it was sooner rather than later. Being around her was far too tempting.

Besides, tonight was for a celebration. Sure, Nathan knew this was going to be difficult. With Elle being older, nearly twenty, she would be harder to break. But he would. He was good at that.

When Nathan first laid eyes on her, he wanted her. She looked so beautiful, like a princess. Seeing her dance made him feel things he'd never felt before. Planning had been tedious but his dreams of what he'd do once he had her kept him going.

Taking one last look at her door, Nathan went downstairs, needing a drink. When he entered the living room, his brother, Mires, was lounging on the sofa. He was sprawled out, making the place look messy, scanning the news channels on the TV.

"You're wasting your time," Nathan said, going over to the drink cabinet and pouring himself a whiskey.

Mires grumbled something he couldn't hear as he drowned his drink in one gulp. His muscles relaxed instantly. Taking a girl was always the most challenging part. All that screaming and fighting wasn't good for the soul. Well, if he had one. And the crying—God, the crying irritated him.

Pouring another, Nathan sat opposite his brother on the other couch.

"It's only been a few hours," he continued on, knowing Mires was letting his paranoia get the better of him. He gave Nathan one of his death glares but it only made him more amused.

"The bitch has a loud set of lungs on her. She was supposed to be knocked out." Nathan shrugged, running his fingers along the stubble on his chin. Elle hadn't meant to wake up until they had her in the house, but it didn't matter. They got there in the end. They got her. "Someone might've fucking heard."

"No one heard." Nathan rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe his audacity to question him. He hadn't fucked up. Everything went to plan. And they lived in the middle of fucking nowhere. "Must you be such a child?"

Mires' teeth gritted. Although challenging his brother often proved fun, Nathan knew getting on his wrong side was probably unwise tonight. Not when he was too on edge like this. "She got away from you. If I hadn't been there—"