I Can No Longer Protect You

My heart stopped, then came a knock on the door. I ran downstairs to answer it and there stood David with a box of chocolates and roses.

“A little too forward, isn’t it?” I asked giggling as I took the gifts.

 “No, I actually just brought them because I figured maybe you were having a bad day” He said smiling at me.

“Well you were right I had a rough day, thank you for the gifts”

  “So what are the plans?” He asked trying to grab my hand.

“Well nothing that involves touching, I just needed some advice” I said as I took a seat on the couch.

You could see the disappointment in his eyes as he responded. “Oh, you wanted advice on that Tyler guy?”

  “Well yeah, he left me this note today on my bedroom door” I said handing it to him.

I could see the veins in his arms pop out and his face turned red, he held the note so rough that when he gave it back it had wrinkles. I could tell this guy had angered him, I also knew that David was madly in love with me.

“Do you love him back?” He asked through his teeth.

“Not exactly bu-

  “You enjoy his company then?” He asked a little more relieved.

“Yes I do enjoy it but- I paused trying to find the words to explain, I do not love him, yet

He looked at me angrily. “So you want to love him then?”

I looked at the ground. “Maybe, I don’t know yet David”

 He got up and walked to the door. “David, please don’t leave me”

“You seem pretty happy with this guy; I don’t want to get in the way of it”

He slammed the door behind him. I could feel a slight twinge of pain. I did like David but not the way he wanted me too. I really needed some advice and he left. I fell to my knees crying, I guess I was on my own this time. I finally passed out, after that I don’t remember anything until I got woke up.

“Nicole?”

“Huh?”

  “We’re home sweetie; go back to sleep”

I sat straight up and hugged my mom and dad; I looked around and there on the other couch Belle was asleep.

“I am sorry I forgot to tell you about Isabelle; her dad was the one who got killed so she is going to live with us”

 My dad looked at me. “I don’t care as long as I don’t have to hear about boys all the time”

I rolled my eyes. “No issue with that dad; both of us are single”

I snuggled back down under my blanket; I was relieved that they were home. Once I was back in a deep sleep I had another dream.

David was kissing me, and then all the sudden he was gone. I sat there alone on my bed and then Belle walked in. She was bleeding; I couldn’t find from where she was bleeding but it was a lot. I ran over to her trying desperately to stop the bleeding; I couldn’t think and then she was being taken out on a stretcher. I was screaming for her but I didn’t get any answer. I looked over and David was on his knees crying, he looked at me and mouthed the words I am sorry. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly. Then I looked deep into his eyes and kissed him. He was shocked by my reaction and stopped me. I looked at him confused and he just smirked at me.