If We Survive

I didn’t love Damien, I wasn’t in love with him but now he thought I was. I knew this would end in disaster. I decided that I would write to Tyler even though I knew he would never see the letter.

Dear Tyler,

     Even after a day without you I miss you. I wish that you were here with me.

I have a confession, I kissed Damien. I didn’t mean it though I just hope you forgive me. I can’t wait to see you again, I hope that the next time I see you we are together. I can’t wait to be your wife. I just hope that we can survive this war, this battle. I love you with all my heart.

Love, Nicole

I missed him; he was going to be my husband. I wished that this nightmare would just end. Damien walked out to check on me.

“Listen I know you love him, but-

   “You win the bet right? Listen I don’t love you Damien”

“Then why did you kiss me?”

He walked away aggravated, I could only hope that maybe in time he would forget. I could only hope by tomorrow morning he would change his mind that he wouldn’t say anything. I knew I had a whole night ahead of me, that there would be a meeting. I knew that within a few days I would see Tyler and his heart would break, I knew that something bad would happen. My cell phone started to ring, I answered it.

“Can we please come visit you?” My mother begged.

  “I guess, I mean I don’t see why not”

“Can you- CRASH!!

“No, please no stop, don’t-

My heart began to beat out of control I could hear the voices of others, my mother’s screams and my father trying to do some damage. I could hear my mother’s last call as she hit the ground with a thud; I could hear the voices of men laughing as they shot them both. Then it went dead, I couldn’t hear my mothers soothing voice, nor could my dad’s stern laugh be heard. I would never get to see my parents again; they would never get to see me smile one more time. They died terrified and afraid that their only daughter would end up dead. They were murdered by savage men that I still couldn’t figure out who it was.

  I sat there my body went cold, I could feel myself shaking. I felt sick, I felt alone, more alone than I had felt before. I had wished my mom and dad hadn’t called me, I had wished they hadn’t been on their way here. I was upset, broken inside. Damien burst through the door, he looked over at me. The angry look on his face faded and a new worried look was made, he picked me up and held me close to him. I started crying, I screamed for my mother and father. The pain of loss was the worst, knowing somebody died that you loved it tears your soul apart.

“Nicole, please calm down what is going on?” Damien sat me on the couch and took a seat besides me.

I tried to calm myself before I answered. “My mom and d-dad they were on their way here to see me, and- he tilted my head up to meet his eyes.

 “Somebody, men had crashed into them they had killed them. I could hear their screams I wanted to do something but I couldn’t”

He grabbed me in his arms holding me tight; he rocked me back and forth. “I-I am sorry, you need to rest up forget this happened tomorrow will be a busy day”

  “You think I don’t know that, do you think I just don’t care? I pushed myself away from him, I was angry I hated him and I hated myself.

“Stay inside tonight, I will be gone to have another meeting”