7. One Remains

Depuis le début

"Now we just have to hope the plan works," says Karen, making me stand up from the kitchen chair.

"It will work Karen!!!! Don't even start with your negativity."

Karen groans, and I bet she was rolling her eyes as well. "Okay, Colin the plan WILL work...happy?"

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm right now."

"Whatever you say. I'll talk to you tomorrow because Jim has a headache...and it is a headache because Amelie is being mentioned a lot right now. He won't remember anything will he?"

I sigh. Karen is always so worried, and she doesn't believe that my plan is genius and that nothing like this will happen. "NO, KAREN! Understand...he WON'T remember a thing."

"Alright alright! Goodbye."

She hangs up, and I toss my phone to the couch. I can't afford having Amelie meet Jim, and even less now that she might be falling in love with me. This plan must work, and it will work. Amelie won't get to L.A.

* Now *

Amelie's POV

The black van in which Colin just got in, starts driving away, and I just stand there...watching, wondering. Why the hell was Colin at the airport when he just told me he was at his house? Why did he lie to me? I really don't know what is going on, and I WILL find out after I call Marsha.

I slowly start towards the outside of the airport again, and walk towards my car, where I take a seat and grab my phone, calling Marsha.

"Hello?" she answers, just after the second beep.

"Hi, Marsha. I'm Amelie Jones."

"Oh, hi Amelie. What's up?"

"Hey listen, I won't be able to get to L.A. My flight got cancelled, and there are no other flights available. I know Jim is very busy right now, so I don't expect him to be available any other day, but thank you very very much for giving me a spot for tomorrow even though I won't be able to take it," I say, sounding a bit more disappointed than what I had planned. Honestly, I don't know why but...I was actually pretty excited to interview Jim, even though I wasn't incredibly thrilled about it at first.

"Oh, dear I'm sorry you weren't able to make it. Yes, Jim is very busy, so...wait...what Jim?" Marsha makes a pause, as if she was talking to Jim, but I am just confused. "Are you sure?" she whispers, talking to someone else, who I can listen to in the background. "Okay, Amelie?"

"Yes?" I answer.

"Jim is here with me right now, and he is listening to what you're saying."

"Oh...hi, Mr. Parsons."

"Oh please call me Jim," he says laughing.

For some reason, having Jim talk to me directly feels...normal, beautiful. I suddenly start feeling dizzy, and I start having some sort of headache, as his sweet voice sounds in my ears.

"Ok," I laugh. "Hi, Jim!"

"Hello! Ok, so listen, I really really don't want you to miss the interview because the plane getting cancelled and my tight schedule are not your fault, so I have an idea. I can't receive you any of these days, but what I can do for you is that you can send me the questions through an e-mail and I'll answer them for you, so that you can write your article."

I stay there silent for a moment, in shock. "You would really do that?" I ask, since I am struggling to process that a celebrity as famous as Jim would do this for me.