Chapter 19 - A Puzzle

Zacznij od początku

With a focused touch and my body is kicked into overdrive, and he tries to keep my focus on the loving movements he pours onto my mouth. "I love you, Addyson." He reassures me with his soft gentle voice. He watches my face between long kisses, keeping a steady rhythm with his hand.  It's hard to catch my breath, and I hear myself panting. "Mo ghrá, my love, I've got you. It's ok to let go," his words were what I needed as I fall apart in his hand.

"God, that is so beautiful." He runs the back of his fingers across my cheek. "How do you feel?" My face flames. Edward flashes a knowing look before once again connecting our lips. "I take it by your reaction that is was good."

"Yes. Very."

"Come here. Get comfortable. I want to keep you in my arms." He says as he pulls back the sheets for me to join him in bed.

With my head on his arm, my fingers trace the design of his tattoo. I have something that looks like this; not exactly, but close. I'm not telling Edward. He would think I'm crazy.

Something is on his chest. The light is casting weird shadows, and I move away from him to turn on the light so I can get a better look. "Edward, I'm sorry. Are you ok? Does it hurt?" He looks at his chest, where he can four small scratch marks. Hard enough to draw blood to the surface, but not deep enough to break the skin.

His finger runs over each mark, and his smile grows bigger. "No, sweetheart, I think we can call this an occupational hazard," he says with a wink. "I always knew you were a little feisty." He rubs his marks with pride, and I laugh at his faces and give him a swat on the arm.

I kiss the fingernail marks, trying to heal him. "You know you never did tell me what this says." Touching his tattoo, again.

"Yes, I did."

"No, you read the words to me. That's not the same," I pout, but only get a chuckle from his lips. "Have you ever told anyone what it says?"

"No."

"No one, ever?"

"No. No one ever."

"So, it's like a puzzle. Hmmmm. Why is there a blank spot right here?"

"That's for English." I contemplate his words, drawing circles over the bare spot with my finger.

"So, same language or six different ones?" I ask as I try to make sense of the foreign letters written between the lines of his entwined swirl pattern.

"I'm not making this easy for you. I will only confirm your logical guesses...none of the random crap you do...only legitimate guesses."

"You're going to add English?"

"Thinking about it."

"You know I'm now on a mission, don't you? I'm going to figure this out." He studies my face, trying not to give any of himself away.

"I have no doubt, but you can't cheat by going to the Internet. Use your beautiful brain."

"Ok, fair enough. No Internet." My finger traces over a word that I know from Latin, and his face becomes very serious as I begin to work out the puzzle he sat in front of me. "You left a spot of English that makes me think it is different languages. And, this one is Latin." Maybe. "I know it could be Spanish, I don't think it's Italian, but I know this word is also Latin."

"You're right."

"It's a serious word. It means forgiveness." I look at his eyes trying to read what he meant to write.

"It's a serious word with multiple meanings," he whispers, and I kiss the marks I made on his chest, again. "Now let's get some sleep." He tells me, and I turn off the light and cuddle into his arms.