"If I don't mean it?" He sounded astonished.

Then, much to her amazement, he seized her and the next thing she knew he was lying in the snow with her above him. Their hips met through leather and denim with excruciating intimacy. His hand held the back of her head so that their faces were separated by only inched.

"Let me tell you something, little wolf. I haven't touched a woman since my Violet died. Not in that way. I swore I would die before I ever let another woman take the liberties she took with me, or before I ever took them with another."

"Kane..." Some part of her heart shrieked that she had to stop him now, before she learned things she didn't want to know. Things that could change her in ways she didn't want to be changed.

"Yet you draw me," he said roughly. "I break my own vow every time you are near me. But you don't understand the kind of fire we're playing with. We might escape unscathed, but I'm not sure I could stand it if we didn't."

"Then stop it," she whispered.

"I can't."

He pulled her head down and thrust his tongue into her mouth. Then, without any preamble or warning, he plunged his hand between her legs, making space for it and rubbing her most sensitive parts through denim.

There was no preventing the tide of need he unleashed in her. His knowing hand, his knowing tongue, held her in thrall. Her body ached helplessly, and she groaned into his mouth as her hips helplessly answered the rhythm of his hand.

Electrified, she could only give in.

The ache grew, everything else vanished. She was riding him to the stars like Pegasus, to a paradise she had never visited. All she knew for certain was that she needed more, and more...

Dimly she felt the zipper of her jacket lower, felt the neck of her sweater aside. He dragged his mouth from hers and she tipped her head back, sucking in the frigid night air as the pressure built closer to a crescendo.

Vaguely she felt him lick the skin just below her collarbone. Another shiver of absolute delight filled her and then something beyond imaging happened.

She felt him as if he were her. She could feel his hunger, every bit as huge as her own. She felt his heart as if it were her own, and felt them fall into the exactly the same rhythm.

His desire became hers and fueled her pounding need until she thought she would shatter before it was fulfilled.

His hips thrust up against hers, crushing his hands between then, and at that moment, she exploded like a supernova, every bit of her being flying out among the stars.

Slowly she came back to herself. She was still lying on him, but now his arms were wrapped around her. She could feel cold now melting into the knees of her knees, but she didn't care. Her head rested on his shoulder, and she wanted to keep it there forever.

"Wow," she whispered.

"Yes," he agreed, but there was something in his tone that didn't sound quite as happy as she felt.

"What happened?" she asked weakly, not at all sure she wanted to know.

"I did something wrong."

"How could anything that good possibly be wrong?"

"I drank from you," he said baldly. "Without your permission."

"What?" Adrenaline flooded her, driving away the wonderful magic he had just given her. She sat up, hardly caring that she sat on him, and looked down at him. His eyes were as golden as any wolf's. "You drank from me?"