Chapter 3: Forgive Me

After their fight Lucy felt ashamed for hurting Natsu's feelings. She never meant to hurt him she was just speaking her mind. She knew of Natsu's strange eating habits since, they've know each other for what seems like forever. So she couldn't figure out why those words came out of her mouth to begin with.
In the garden sat Natsu he had finished his plate and was now looking at the bright blue sky.
His eyes were red and puffy indicating he had been crying.

Natsu's POV:
I couldn't stop thinking about what Luce had said to me. It felt like thousands of knives stabbing me in the heart over and over again.

"So I'm weird huh Luce?"
"I guess I'm not good enough for her"
"How can I be when she's normal and I'm nothing but a weirdo to her"
"Why can't I be more normal?"
"I mean it shouldn't be hard right?"
"Natsu?"
I look behind me to see....

Lucy's POV:
After Natsu left I started crying I felt bad for what I said to him.

My mom had walked in as Natsu was getting ready to leave so after he left I explained to her what happened. Mom pulled me into a hug and stroke my hair.
"Lucy I know you didn't mean any harm towards Natsu"

"Just give him some time to cool off he'll come around and then you can apologize"

"You're the best thanks Mom" She gives me a kiss on my forehead and leaves to go to the study to work on new clothing designs.

~Time Skip~
30 minutes later...

It's already been 30 minutes and Natsu still hasn't came back so I've decided to go to him.

I remember him saying something about going to finish his breakfast in the garden.

"Maybe he's still there"
I walk outside to the back of the mansion and there he was sitting on the grass with his head held up looking at the sky

"Natsu?" I called out he turns and sees me standing behind him.
I look at his face and his eyes were red and puffy.
I wonder why? I mean I've never thought Natsu was the type of boy to cry.
"What do you want Lucy?"
"Lucy?" He always calls me Luce he's never called me by my actual name before. This is serious!