{ 4 }

{ Ruby }

Weiss and I exchanged our contact information so we could talk to each other on our personal lines. I wanted to stay a little longer to get to know her more in person but we had to return home. Thing is, the ball was nearly a month ago. Weiss and I keep our conversations secret. We know that our fathers may not approve of two young princesses to be in contact with each other even if their friends. The more I got to know her, the more this unfamiliar feeling became apparent to me. I don't know what it is or how to even begin to describe it. It was like this warm feeling that consumes my body from head to toe. I actually enjoyed it. Today we were going to talk again. I was in my room reading again when she finally called. I marked the page I was on and eagerly got up to sit in front of my computer. "Hey Ruby," Weiss greeted. She sounded like she was in a good mood today.

"Hey Weiss. You look happy today."

"Well that's because I'm talking to you silly." We both chuckled softly. "Sorry I didn't call you earlier. I didn't have a moment to myself until now thanks to my father." Her happiness seem to fade once she mentioned her father.

"Let me guess? He had someone come visit you again," I said as I rested my chin on the heel of my palm. She nodded solemnly. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn't want her father summon suitors to see if they win the snowy beauty over. "He still doesn't get it that you're not really interested?"

"No and I don't think he will until I get married. I've just grown tired from it all. I want to choose who I want to love, marry, and grow old with. I don't want my father doing that for me."

"My father hasn't even considered such things yet for me. But I know one day that will change. Like you, my sister is put in the same situation as you are."

"Ruby, can I tell you something?" She appeared to be nervous now. What's going on?

"Yeah. Is everything okay," I asked, showing my concern.

"Yes. Thing is, I think I already found the one I want to be with for the rest of my life," Weiss said as she began to blush. She was blushing? Why was she blus- Oh!

"If you're saying that you love me, then you should know that I've fallen for you since the night of the ball when we first started talking," I admitted, blushing myself. Then before Weiss could say anything, someone knocked on my door. "Come in." From behind the door appeared Yang.

"Hey, is this a bad time?" Weiss could tell that this was going to end maybe badly. I was getting nervous.

"No, no. It's fine," I lied. She shut the door and came closer to me.

"You were right about Da- What!" I covered my face in embarrassment. Weiss was probably no better. Then Winter came into Weiss' room and also discovered that we were still in contact. "What is going on here," Yang demanded. Our older siblings weren't thrilled to put it simply.

"Weiss and I have been talking since we left Atlas, Yang," I admitted shamefully. Winter and my sister were shocked. "And..."

"I heard that little bit from behind the door. Ruby, you know dad isn't going to be pleased upon hearing this," Yang said. Her voice was gentle almost. I looked up at my sister, meeting her gaze. "I promise to not say anything to him or anyone. Everyone ends up finding their true love someday in their life. You found yours sooner than you would've thought Rubes. What do you think about this Winter?"

"I couldn't agree more, Yang. Weiss has been miserable with our father trying to her a promising suitor for the past year. Just know that you two are taking a very big risk from here on out. I'm going to stand by you both."

"And so will I." Weiss and I were completely shocked. Our sisters were...okay with this? Yang hugged me as she wore her loving smile. "Besides, I noticed how you two were hiding in a corner during the ball."