Chapter |20|

Early update? Oh YEAH!!

Dedicated to JadenChiu for the awesome cover❤️ Thank you so much!

NOTE to Remember: Daniel does NOT know that Alicia and Skylar aren't real sisters.

Chapter |20|

"How can you not like this?" I gaped at Daniel incredulously as we walked towards where the announcement podium had been set.

It was official. This guy was cray-cray. I mean how could you not like gummy bears?

The chewy teddy bears with different flavours? And don't even make me started on the ring pops.

I was happily savouring my strawberry ring pop when I'd offered him gummy bears to which he replied saying that he didn't like them.

A while back, when I'd found the treasure box, I didn't expect to see what I found in there.

With a card of two for free lunch/dinner at one of the best restaurants and a whole bunch of different candies, I was literally loving every bit of it.

Once we reached our designation, the leech aka Saliva Factory aka Lacey, attached herself to my partner and I wandered off to look for Andrew.

Once a small intro speech was done, we were called up on the safe with two other pairs who had won for a congratulatory ceremony before letting us go.

From the gossip spreading around, I'd heard that the restaurant that was in the prize was a really good one. It was expensive but the food was to die for.

Just this bit got me excited.

I happily skipped my way back to the car where I met Emma, who congratulated me and Chloe who nearly trampled me with her hug.

Once we reached home, Emma ushered me to my room and asked me to go get ready. To be honest, I was really excited. For the first time in three years I was going to dress up properly.

The grin on my face was hard to wipe off as I tried to look for something to wear. I didn't even realise I was humming while dancing for a bit.

Today had been an awesome day.

I was about to go into the washroom to change when a knock made me halt. I kept my clothes aside and went towards the door.

Upon opening, I saw Daniel already dressed up in a navy blue shirt and black jeans with his hair in a messy yet attractive look.

"Uh, I'm not ready yet. Give me fifteen minutes and I'll be ready," I told him to which he responded-

"Yeah. About that. I was wondering if you didn't mind me taking Lacey with me? She really hasn't been to this restaurant and its a perfect opportunity for her to go," he said.

Disappointment accompanied a tinge of hurt as I looked at Daniel, covering my expression with a blank one.

Even I haven't been to this restaurant, I wanted to say but held it back.

I forced a small smile. "Sure. I don't mind at all," I replied and quickly shut the door before he could say anything else.

Deflated, I slumped in my bed. I really wanted to go out, dressing up. I fell back on my bed with a sigh. I guess today wasn't my day.

I was about to throw my clothes back in when my phone rang. I picked it up and was greeted with five words.

"Get ready, we're going out!" Andrew said.