Chapter |8|

Daniel on the top

Chapter |8|

"Give it one more tug. Come on, you can do it," Andrew chanted.

"Aren't you going to help me?" I tried pleading but he just smirked.

"Nope. I like your struggling face. It's funny." He said, while casually leaning on the wall opposite me.

I glared at him. I wish I could shoot lasers through them, then he would at least keep his mouth shut.

"Go on. Show your inner strength," he said stifling his laugh.

"Shut up, I'm trying!" I nearly yelled as I have my suitcase one more tug, trying to make it move.

Confused? Let's rewind a bit.

~~ Half an hour earlier ~~

"You packed up?" Andrew asked, plopping down on the bed of my hotel room.

I was tucking in the remaining clothes into the suitcase and preparing to leave this hotel. Now, all the selected contestants were doing the same thing as me.

We all were now supposed to go to our partner's house and stay there until the end of the competition.

"Can you pack any slower?" Andrew groaned, rubbing his hand over his face.

"Shut up. A girls got her needs and moreover what if I forget something important?" I reasoned.

"Then in that case, I'll have someone to bring it over. This is my hotel, if you remember." He said matter-of-factly

Rolling my eyes, I agreed. Once we were done, we stepped out of the hotel and walked towards the car.

Mrs. Richards had already gone to make some 'preparations' for my welcome or something and I was left with Andrew.

"Who is your partner? How come you're not excited about her?" I asked curiously. I mean, in the last hour, Andrew hadn't shown even a little interest in his partner which was weird given his 'playboy' attitude.

At this, his posture went a bit stiff. He glanced at me before speaking. "Skye, please listen. Don't ever mention my partner in front of Daniel. Don't ask anything because... Well, just don't."

The seriousness in his voice took be by surprise. An edge of irritation and anger laced his voice as he spoke those words.

I didn't say anything because it wasn't my place to probe. Andrew had been nothing but good to me, even with my belts on. This meant a lot to me so I wasn't going to be nosy.

Nobody had actually showed positive emotions towards me before. I don't know whether it was because I looked really ugly with too-big glasses and heavily oiled wig or it was because of Alicia's rule over most of the student population. Whatever it was, it spoiled three good years of my life.

My belief in the concept of best friends had gone flying into oblivion when all of them slipped away from me, only to go to my step-sister. Trust issues were something that had become a part of my personality since then.

Maybe it was also because of the fact that Linda was one of mom's best friends.

In fact, she was there when...when that happened.

I shook my head and took a deep breath before letting out. I wasn't going to let those memories come back right now.

I took in my surroundings. I so lost in thoughts that I didn't even realise that I was in Andrew's car and we were on our way.