Chapter |19|

Dedicated to @Tambito_o for the gorgeous cover ❤️ Thanks, Hun.

Chapter |19|

"Are you sure it's here?" Daniel asked for the umpteenth time, annoying me.

"Do you have anything else that goes with it?" I challenged to which he backed down.

The fire show was about to start and I just wanted to see if our clue could be there.

We both say on the top row so that we could see the whole area of the performance.

Silence blanketed us for a few moments as I waited eagerly for the show, my leg shaking in anticipation of finding our next clue.

"By the way," Daniel started, making me look at him. "It's nice to finally, properly meet Skylar."

He smiled at me and it, once again made me feel queasy. I felt a bit ticklish at the stomach. Must be the nerves.

I gave him a shaky grin in return. Why was I feeling different? It was just a smile for God's sake! But no one had actually smiled like that at me, ever. And I'm not just talking about penny.

No one had given me such warmth, even as Skylar. No one except for the only person who I wished was alive.

I ignored the tingly feeling inside me and concentrated on the fire show that had started.

One by one a few ladies dressed in black came with metal rods lit with fire and they danced

One by one a few ladies dressed in black came with metal rods lit with fire and they danced. My jaw was hanging in awe as I watched the dancers play with fire.

It wasn't until one of the ladies lit fire to one of the cement pots, that I spotted a very familiar envelope.

My eyes lit up and I nearly jumped with excitement. I pointed at the envelope to show it to Daniel.

"Let's go get it!" I whispered and got up. I almost ran down the row to the side of the stage and quickly grabbed the envelope before motioning for Daniel to exit with me.

Once we were both out, I eagerly opened it.

This will be your last clue
And the rest is up to you.

I can bring tears to your eyes;
Resurrect the dead,
Make you smile,
Reverse the time.
I form in an instant,
But last a life time.

What am I?

I froze. The envelope in my hand was burning a hole through things that I'd learnt to kept hidden.

The clue was so similar to what mom had made me memorise that day. Even thinking about it made me want to tear up.

Flashbacks started running through my mind like a movie. The harder I tried to stop them, the clearer they started becoming.