The Letter

This is Decs letter to Ant from the One shot I miss you.

-----------------------------------------

I don't know how to start this. So I guess I'm just gonna start and write the words as I go.

You know I love you, you were the light of my life and held me tight when I needed you most. I want you to thank you for this.
There was never a time, when I didn't want to be with you, so please don't think that this is your fault.
I don't want to disappoint people around me anymore. People who look up to.
Everyone always tells me what I'm doing wrong and point out the smallest of mistakes.
Even your positivity, smiles and hugs couldn't keep all of that away from me forever.

I've been feeling like this for a long time now. Since we were 16 I guess. Almost 10 years. And you haven't noticed. I'm a better actor than we thought I was, apparently.

Don't do something you might regret, just because I'm not here anymore. You'll get through this, find someone who's good enough for you. Maybe you'll get to know Lisa a bit better, now that I'm not in the way anymore. I've seen the way she looks at you.

I didn't do it right, but you can. Go talk to people. Don't sulk in your flat, and suffer quietly.
If you ever feel lonely, just lie down, think of all our good times and rest.

I know I'm not one to tell you what to do, especially in my situation. But that's all I have to offer you.

I hope I'll see you soon, in a place where no one can judge us, tell us what to do and just let us be together in peace.

You know I love you and I have since the very first day.
Don't forget me, will you?

Goodbye,
Declan.

-----------------------------------------

~304 words